Experimental Grapefruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewprint

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on it because it seems to be void in Beersmith.

Has anyone used these? We just ordered a pound from Yakima Valley Hops.

have some going into a brew, but wont know for a while. pretty sure some bloggers did a writeup somewhere. goggle the interwebs.

grapefruit, some pine and bit of tropics if i recall. pretty "strong" hop i believe.

I'm looking for information on it because it seems to be void in Beersmith.

Has anyone used these? We just ordered a pound from Yakima Valley Hops.

I’ve used them routinely for a couple of years after winning 1/2 lb at a brew competition.
I’ve made several batches of a Grapefruit Wheat IPA with them. Always goes quickly!

I’ve used them routinely for a couple of years after winning 1/2 lb at a brew competition.
I’ve made several batches of a Grapefruit Wheat IPA with them. Always goes quickly!

What are they similar too? Mosaic? I always get intense grapefruit from Mosaic but it's usually after the brew has sat a week or two.

What are they similar too? Mosaic? I always get intense grapefruit from Mosaic but it's usually after the brew has sat a week or two.

Fairly unique flavor and aroma (grapefruit). I use some Columbus or Simcoe with it and use the zest from one ruby (pink) grapefruit to make a tea and add at kegging.

I made a black ipa with all experimental grapefruit hops before, it was awesome

Back