Experimental Brewing Podcast Episode 59 - Yeast Mysteries with Sui Generis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denny

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-59-yeast-mysteries-sui-generis

In our ongoing efforts to try and learn everything - and fail miserably - we revisit Denny's question from Episode 58 about dried lager strains labelled like ale strains. After much listener input, Drew sits down with Bryan Heit of Sui Generis Brewing to get the current scientific picture on yeast genetics. It turns out science makes for really complicated answers! Plus, we talk retirement, rough times for craft brewers, charity and how lasers are making better beer before digging into your questions. Finally, we close out with Denny's favorite new cooking show!

https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-59-yeast-mysteries-sui-generis

In our ongoing efforts to try and learn everything - and fail miserably - we revisit Denny's question from Episode 58 about dried lager strains labelled like ale strains. After much listener input, Drew sits down with Bryan Heit of Sui Generis Brewing to get the current scientific picture on yeast genetics. It turns out science makes for really complicated answers! Plus, we talk retirement, rough times for craft brewers, charity and how lasers are making better beer before digging into your questions. Finally, we close out with Denny's favorite new cooking show!

Listened to this today. Great episode!

Yeah, agree. Great eposiode and great interview!

BTW, is the IGOR program canceled/on-hold?

Really enjoyed this episode @Denny and feel appropriately confused about yeast origins! I shared the episode on the warm fermented lager thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/592169/ )
as we've been discussing these issues for a while. Kind of made me laugh when y'all were talking about the demise of the Homebrew forums, but you did say HBT is alive and kicking! I wish Bryan had expounded on his warm fermented lager experiments though. Keep up the great work man, we love it!

Really enjoyed this episode @Denny and feel appropriately confused about yeast origins! I shared the episode on the warm fermented lager thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/592169/ )
as we've been discussing these issues for a while. Kind of made me laugh when y'all were talking about the demise of the Homebrew forums, but you did say HBT is alive and kicking! I wish Bryan had expounded on his warm fermented lager experiments though. Keep up the great work man, we love it!

Thank you so much!

Yeah, agree. Great eposiode and great interview!

BTW, is the IGOR program canceled/on-hold?

IGOR checking in here. Program not canceled/on-hold. We've got a few experiments completed, just awaiting some logistics on getting the final write-ups complete. There are more experiments planned for this year as well. Things got a little crazy towards the end of the year for Denny, Drew, and the gang.

IGOR checking in here. Program not canceled/on-hold. We've got a few experiments completed, just awaiting some logistics on getting the final write-ups complete. There are more experiments planned for this year as well. Things got a little crazy towards the end of the year for Denny, Drew, and the gang.

Thank you for your reply.

The reason I asked is because I have sent two emails about participating in the IGOR program but I didnt get a reply.

Maybe Ill try again in a while when things might have calmed down.

Thanks, enjoyed it very much (not much of a podcast listener usually)! Also timely as I just discovered the Sui Generis blog within the last couple weeks and have been pouring through as much of it as I can handle.

Back