Exhaust Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjvicker

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Is this going directly over the kettles with some kind of hood? If so just get the active air. If you're using it for a room choose a new one all together.

I am assuming you're going the first route and besides slightly higher power usage and a few cfm lower the smaller one still wins hands down for price alone.

No personal experience though.

I have the same question as the OP. The reviews say the cheaper fan is very loud. Right now leaning towards the Vortex.

azterik, do you have one and know from personal experience? I'm looking for a fan as well for a hood over a Kal clone.
Tom

Nope. Just comparing the specs and plenty of good reviews is enough for me. I have a friend with a 500ish cfm for an indoor system and would feel much safer if we had something with 3x the flow. Just know that the larger the fan the quieter it will be at lower speeds say if you decided to hook up a TRIAC or a rheostat to it or something. Prob still loud at the advertised rpm though. Good luck with the clone, only if I had the $$ for that :)

Latest posts

Back