EXCELLENT spa panel for electric systems!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend using this spa panel for your new set-up.
Bwaaa-haaa-haa!
IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Oh good lord I hope that thing wasn't in use! I may not be completely up to date with the newest NEC 2011 code book but I am pretty sure there is a section that might state that live plants cannot be used as a substitute for 10 AWG wiring.

Though from the pictures its does look like the box is properly grounded.:ban:

Oh good lord I hope that thing wasn't in use!

YES, it was in use! The owner called us out and said their hot tub was acting funky. My employee called and said, "you gotta see this one." One of the (hot) legs was out (corroded off), but it was still hot and juicy.

And, the owner was quite snarky when I told him that the conduit (plumbing fixtures) and panel had to be replaced. Thought we should just replace the breaker and put the cover back on and call it a day!:drunk:

Unbelievable. I am with the owner on this one, the use of plumbing pipe in place of outdoor conduit is a totally acceptable substitute. I can't believe you were trying to rip him off like that!

I don't know if you could intentionally design more of a death trap scenario for a spa panel...totally unreal.

Speaking of plumbing pipe used as electric conduit... The manager of a shopping center called me to look at some wires that a carpenter had accidentally cut. The carpenter was going to re-route a vent pipe and cut through some 2" white PVC. Fortunately the power was off in that store. He wound up cutting through 100A 3 phase feeders. He took the rest of the day off when he thought about how close he'd come to dying. The electrician who'd wired the shopping center 20+ years ago, decided to save a couple of bucks by running the feeders to each store in plumbing PVC.

Back