Ever made twisted tea? Can it be done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratm4484

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made twisted tea? If you've never had it before, it is basically iced tea with alcohol. It tastes just like sweet lipton lemon iced tea. It is perfect for summer time. If you add liquor to tea it just isn't anywhere near as good. The carbination is also nonexistant if you do this. Anyway I was thinking about fermenting some tea and see what would happen. Does anyone know what kind of yeast would be best for something like this? I was thinking maybe a wine yeast or some kind that you would use to ferment cider.

I think if you just took some sweet tea and added yeast, you'd probably be disappointed with the results. If you're adamant about trying, however, I'd look for a yeast with a very low attenuation. Since yeast is taking sugar and turning it into alcohol and carbon dioxide, a lot of sweet from the tea won't be present after fermentation.

BREW ON:mug:

Back