Ever find something in your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillibeerman

Reaction score
I was just drinking one of many seasonal beers brewed by an famous brewery and I found a spider in it. I believe that it poured right out of the bottle. It is certainly possible that it dropped from the ceiling into my glass when I wasn't looking, but I don't think so because it was no longer kicking and I did not leave my beer unattended for more than a couple of seconds. Has anyone else ever found something in their beer bottle? :drunk:

This belongs in the Great drinking songs thread but I can't resist.

"Somebody Put Something In My Drink" - Ramones

Somebody
Somebody Put Something In My Drink
Somebody

Another night out on the street
Stopping for my usual seat
Oh, bartender, please

Tanqueray and tonic's my favorite drink
I don't like anything colored pink
That just stinks...it's not for me

It feels like somebody put something
Somebody put something in my drink
Somebody put something
Somebody put something

Blurred vision and dirty thoughts
Feel (out of place), very distraught
Feel something coming on

Kick the jukebox, slam the floor
Drink, drink, drink, drink some more
I can't think
Hey! What's in this drink?

Somebody put something
Somebody put something
Somebody put something...in my drink...in my drink...in my drink...in my drink

So you think it's funny
A college prank
Goin' insane for something to drink
Feel a little dry

Oh, I couldn't care what you think of me
Cause somebody put something in my drink
I can't think
Hey! Give me a drink

Somebody put something

many years ago in a bottle of labatts blue i found something that i now think in retrospect was a piece of barley.
swmbo called to tell them and the next day a driver brought 2 free cases

like, we found this mouse in your bottle of beer eh...

strangebrew.jpg

I think the oddest thing I found was a hop. In a bottle. I have NO idea how it made it into the bottle though. I was seriously grossed out until I saw what it was. This was my own brew, btw.

Just a big (and I mean BIG) wad of yeast in a bottle of SNPA. It was about the size of the tip of my index finger. The worst part is that I was drinking from the bottle and not a glass.

GLUG

Not expecting the ball of fungus, I spat it out in the sink. It took a few seconds to register what it was.

-walker

Walker-san said:
Just a big (and I mean BIG) wad of yeast in a bottle of SNPA. It was about the size of the tip of my index finger. The worst part is that I was drinking from the bottle and not a glass.

GLUG

Not expecting the ball of fungus, I spat it out in the sink. It took a few seconds to register what it was.

-walker

Now I guess we all know that Walker spits, rather than swallows! (that one was for poor Dude! :D )

Happiness. Contentment. A sense of purpose.

All these are things I find in my beer.

Also- I find a reason to avoid doing my work for class.

Walker-san said:

GLUG

-walker
I had that happen in a can of PBR.

Well kind of a funny story or not.
I used to drink PBR like it was going out of style, anyway one time I had a 12 and in the middle of the 12 I found a can I would call a QC can it had no paint and a temp. strip on the side. I thought hell one got past them what ever, cracked it open chug half of it ang got a yeast ball. that one went down the drain.

I've got a great one that happened to a buddy. He found the end of a thumb in a can of Bud Light. He still has it in a jar of formaldehyde. He settled out of court with A-B and got $5000.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
I've got a great one that happened to a buddy. He found the end of a thumb in a can of Bud Light. He still has it in a jar of formaldehyde. He settled out of court with A-B and got $5000.

Man... he could have easily gotten millions in today's society.

I'd be willing to bet that more than one of us has found a cig butt in the bottom of a bottle or maybe some snoose spit..YEECCHHH!!!!Damn tobacco fiends(you know how us ex smokers are).

Did he drink around the thumb? I saw the spider at the bottom of the glass and managed to drink around it only wasting a couple of drops of beer. :)

Are you sure it wasn't a bowl of chili?

Chillibeerman said:
Did he drink around the thumb? I saw the spider at the bottom of the glass and managed to drink around it onle wasting a couple of drops of beer. :)

He discovered it when he felt it on his thumb.

I found a freakin Car fuse in a Bottle of Labatts, that was like 10 years ago and I never followed up on it.

I guess I missed out on a few cases of beer.

I'm sure you guys have heard this one...

A Canadian, an Englishman and an American go into a pub and each order a pint of Pliny. Just as the bartender hands them over, three flies buzz down and one lands in each of the pints.

The Englishman looks disgusted, pushes his pint away and demands another pint.

The American picks out the fly, shrugs, and takes a long swallow.

The Canadian reaches in to the glass, pinches the fly between his fingers and shakes him while yelling, “Spit it out, ya bastard! Spit it out!” :D

I found a big cotton-ball looking growth in a bottle in Cuba once. Shortly after that I took a big swail from a 'butt can' and nearly chundered on everyone at the table. I kept it down, but it was a bad day for beer...

I feel your pain Cheyco, I had a similar butt can experience. Fortunately, it was only one "butt" and it wasn't your "standard" "butt". See this thread is you are unsure of the "butt" type. :fro: Let's just say it wasn't that tasty.

Back