European Bock Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinmanDan

Reaction score
Hey...nothing special here, but I thought I'd share a few photos of my recent brew day. I was cooking up a batch of European Bock. I haven't invested in the massive equipment that most of you have, but my wife has been good enough to give me a section of the basement for my brewing endeavors. Oh, and she has yet to get upset about my expenditures at the brew shop! Gotta love her!

grill1.jpg

My nifty little brew setup...just a Weber Grill with the side burner, but it works fine for now! Oh, and my garage is well ventilated, just to head off any CO comments.

steep2.jpg

Don't you just love the color added by steeping grains?

siphon1.jpg

My basement setup! And, one of my favorite places in the house. My old butcher block table works great for siphoning wort into the carboy.

carboy2.jpg

How's THAT for good aeration? I capped the carboy and shook the h*** out of it. As I said, my setup is nothing all that spectacular, but I'm enjoying myself, so I don't care.

I brewed a euro bock last november, delicious christmas present, hope yours turnds out tasty

Do you boil in the garage and then carry it down into the basement? Ha oh yeah I forgot....thats what I do to. I feel your carboy carrying back pains :(

Keeping it simple, sometimes is the best way to go. I have the need for expensive equipment, but SWIMBO keeps the beer equipment budget simple. So I am relegated to make due with what I have and or can make.

Brew-on brother!

Preston

It would be quicker to just dump the wort instead of racking it. Then there's one less thing to clean, and you have a head start on aeration. ;) Nice pics.

Yeah, I yearn for the day when SWMBO decides she wants to redo the kitchen...then I might be able to convince her to let me move the old stove into the basement, direct vent it outside, and then the era of the basement brewpub shall begin.

Then again, it might be more likely that I'll flap my arms and fly to the moon. ;)

Back