Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are near phoenix I'll give you a basic starter set for free.

Sent from my XT907 using Home Brew mobile app

I'd start with a good book like "how to brew". Most starter kits come with a few things you don't need or lack a few you do. If you first educate yourself about the process you can save money by buying only what you need for you're chosen brewing style. One size fits all kits are just like clothes of the same name; it really means they don't fit anyone!

How I got started. I was interested and my brother bought me a book... "The new complete joy of home brewing" by Charlie Papazian. Straight forward, plain language, good start.

My first several batches of home brew were 1 gal partial mash kits from Northern Brewer. $49.99 gets you everything you need to get started. Grains, Malt extract, yeast, hops, additives, surgar . Plus a fermenter jug, siphon, bottle filler, bottle caps, capper, carbonation pills.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/beer-equipment-starter-kits/1-gallon-small-batch-starter-kit.html

Pick from several recipes and go.

All you need to supply (buy, acquire) is a 2 gallon pot and a dozen empty beer bottles.

While it may be " a one size fits all" it is nonetheless a good starting point. Additional "Kits" can be purchased with just the ingredients at a substantially lower price.

Good way to get started, learn the process of brewing and gain the confidence to move on up to advanced techniques and your own recipes!!

Back