Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Islanders have totally croaked the Bs. Didn't hurt that all four games were played on Islander ice, but still, they've had Boston's number.
Otoh, we've done much better against the Rangers :D

Islanders have totally croaked the Bs. Didn't hurt that all four games were played on Islander ice, but still, they've had Boston's number.
Otoh, we've done much better against the Rangers :D

True, but I think Boston is the better team in general, the Caps too. The Islanders are playing well, but right now they're on a streak partly because they've played several games against Buffalo and NJ.
I do think they'll make the playoffs. But the last time they won the cup I was a young sailor, and soon I'll be eligible for social security!

The Bruins rollercoaster ride continues. Up, down, sideways, rolled-over, it's exhausting ;)
Nice of Buffalo to keep their streak alive and give the Bs as close to a day off as it gets...

I went to the game tonight. Parking was easy, our normal "party before the game" place was easy to get into with open tables. The stadium was eerily empty. There was ZERO crowd participation. This stadium is usually raucous with noise. I didn't mind though. The fake applause track they are using on TV makes it seem more normal, but take my word, it's odd in the stadium. You could hear every sound from the ice. I imagine the players find it a bit odd.

No lines for beer or bathrooms though. Win.

1616126462672.png

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed a live game. Islanders had 1000 season ticket holders last night. On TV it sounded like they made lots of noise, but I'm sure in person the missing 9000 were obvious.

While the Isles struggle against the Flyers.
It is a strange year, but the race is super tight. The top seven teams are within half a game of each other. The playoffs should be great!

Well now! The Bruins did some wheeling and dealing trade-wise and suddenly they have taken two games from the dreaded Islanders - including tonight's game using their third string goalie - who earned his first NHL shut-out.
Things just got interesting! :ban:

...aaaand a game from the Caps - and tonight the Bs beat Buffalo for the 11th straight time (that is starting to be a sad thing).
Still, 4 points behind Washington. So tough to keep up with them...

Cheers!

Ugh. OT playoff losses are the worst. Hopefully the Bruins don't lose any sleep over Game 1.
Have to say I would be happy to see someone totally staple Ovechkin in Game 2. That would be nice...

Pretty sure Lauzon is gonna get a Tom Wilson beatdown in game 2...

Despite some really bad officiating (the fans in attendance sure knew it even if NBC's commentators are always on the Pens/Bruins kool-aid) glad the lads pulled it off.

I really hope not but that's my fear as well. Especially since Samsonov has been out (and who knows when he'll be back...)
CAPS fan checking in here - I’m going to say I would like us to go with Anderson anyway at this point. I think NBC showed a stat that his save percentage was pretty good in playoffs. Would prefer to switch to Samsonov if needed. I think either he or Kuzy or both had the virus and who knows if/how that would affect them stamina wise. Much respect for Bergeron as well as Marchand. Wish we had someone that could win some face offs bc I think that is going to hurt us over the course of the series. I also think Wilson sees a bullseye on Lauzon at this point and that could heat up in a few games. Hall’s speed really put us on our heels. Carlson and Oshie playing hurt already.
Question for the Bruins fans - Seems like it was more recent but geez it was 5yrs ago….Why did they let Dougie Hamilton go?

Sammy is supposed to be off protocol. But between him and Kuzy there always seems to be SOME issue that there's clearly some discipline/responsibility issues going on. Even if he's cleared he'll be rusty.

Anderson with Sammy as backup isn't my ideal. Vitek has really stepped up this season. But if Sammy stays out (or goes back off) Anderson and then....who? That's not a good thing for a deep playoff run.

Good game, and the last goal won.
In fact all of the first playoff games have been great entertainment - almost all of them have gone to extra innings and what's better than that for drama :D

Cheers! (on to the Westerns!)

I've paid literally zero attention outside of the East and was thoroughly confused. Wife is now a Canucks fan because Holtby and I knew they were in bad shape. Real bad. And was like "wtf the Canucks made the playoffs?". I didn't realize they hadn't wrapped up the regular season yet.

I could confess the same - the West has been on the other side of the planet this year compared to everything else going on.
Surprised to see Lucic is still playing hockey, for instance :)

Anyway...Flames are going off on the Canucks...

Holy schnizzle, "Da Brunes" win in Double OT! We never win in Double OT! :D
They were clearly dominant in overtime though - and had some majorly good looks at open nets (Marshawn in particular).
Deserved to win if there is such a thing.
On to Game Four!

Back