Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...That was an unsatisfying ending to the Caps-Habs game.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how the 6th scoring team in the league is 0 for 7 in shoot-outs :drunk:

Hmm...That was an unsatisfying ending to the Caps-Habs game.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how the 6th scoring team in the league is 0 for 7 in shoot-outs :drunk:
All Caps games of recent has been unsatisfactory. Even even the ones the Caps have won. It's like all eyes are on Ovi and they're no longer playing like a team with the team in mind.

Is that Reaves? Doesn't he have his own beer?
It is, and he should if he doesn't.

Good win for the Buds tonight. Complete effort, top to bottom. Very happy Andersen got the doughnut, because he needs the confidence boost if this team is going anywhere other than the golf course.

Good on Muzzin too. Called out the team's lack of effort earlier today, and then walked the walk. Opened the scoring with an absolute bomb off the post and in (for the eventual GWG), and added two helpers for good measure. Of all the UFA D-men they have, that's the guy they need to sign.

Tonight's win is what makes the losses in Buffalo and Pittsburgh earlier this week so frustrating. I *know* what this team is capable of doing, but they seem to be mailing it in on so many nights lately...

Six goals in the first 12 minutes of the Bruins at Flames game tonite already.
I should be wearing a helmet to watch this safely :D

The boards in this arena are as lively as a pool table. It's crazy...

[edit] Good win by the B's to shake off a two goal deficit early then take it to the bank. 3 of 3 on this road trip so far doesn't suck :rock:

Last edited:
Bruins - Stars was fun to watch right up to the last 90 seconds (gulp!)
Happy to see the B's come away with a regulation win after getting pasted the last two games...

Cheers!

Comeback win for the Leafs against the Panthers. Most games for them now are must-win, but you definitely have to beat the teams that are right on your heels in the standings.

Solid game by the Bruins tonight! Rask mostly held the fort for the few chances the Bolts had and the usual suspects picked up offensive points (Debrusk goal was fancy!) The team is looking pretty good of late! :ban:

Nah. I hope they win against Florida again in a few weeks, and lose the other 13 they have left. :)

I’m still waiting for the Flyers to have their annual collapse. Surprised it’s taking this long.
It will happen. Tomorrow they will play a "should win" Buffalo team. This is when the collapse will start. Or AV is the coach that Philadelphia always deserved and they go all the way. One or the other, no in between. Then again, there was that annual December west coast trip when Disney kicks them out of their barn. Maybe that was it.

Last edited:
It will happen. Tomorrow they will play a "should win" Buffalo team. This is when the collapse will start. Or AV is the coach that Philadelphia always deserved and they go all the way. One or the other, no in between. Then again, there was that annual December west coast trip when Disney kicks them out of their barn. Maybe that was it.

Yes that’s probably a good estimate of events. We generally tend to collapse when we play should win teams.

Well that was different. 9 in a row. It would be nice to see the Flyers get all lines firing at the same time, in the same game.

brace-yourself-playoffs.jpg

Bolts too feisty for da Brunes tonight and take the season series 3-1. Tough game, lots of nuggies thrown.
They'll no doubt meet again...

Cheers!

Obviously I watched the game. And I'd rather take a fish hook in the eyeball than have the B's face the Bolts again, but the odds are that's exactly what'll eventually happen.

It wouldn't be the first time a TB team has stood in the way of a Boston team championship :)

Cheers!

Tuukka celebrated his 33rd birthday with a 2-0 shutout win helping the B's beat the hottest team in the league of late and end the Flyers 9 game win streak. :rock:

Solid game all around for the Bruins, they have to be happy about taking the game to Philly.

Cheers!

Tuukka celebrated his 33rd birthday with a 2-0 shutout win helping the B's beat the hottest team in the league of late and end the Flyers 9 game win streak. :rock:

Solid game all around for the Bruins, they have to be happy about taking the game to Philly.

Cheers!

Yeah it was his birthday. Flyers figured they’d let the B’s win 1 of the 4 regular season games.

Go figure, the Bruins are on top of the entire league...and suddenly the lights are turned off.
If by some stroke of fortune they can restart the league in, say, a month, they'll be testing the ice machines into July :drunk:

Good news for the VGK. Their top players are all injured and this gives them time to heal.

However, this whole thing is BS. Mass fuking hysteria. Let's get on with this. Absolute non sense.

Ummm...no, it's definitely not nonsense. Look at the carnage in the hot spots.

As much as the whole sports shut-down is disappointing it makes no sense to encourage tens of thousands of people to gather in arenas across the country right now - especially as it has become obvious that there can be viral shedding going on with little to no symptoms...

Cheers!

Ummm...no, it's definitely not nonsense. Look at the carnage in the hot spots.

As much as the whole sports shut-down is disappointing it makes no sense to encourage tens of thousands of people to gather in arenas across the country right now - especially as it has become obvious that there can be viral shedding going on with little to no symptoms...

Cheers!

I disagree. This is blown way out of proportion. Yes people can and will die, but it's a slim majority of those infected, like every other seasonal cold/flu/whatever. Certain people will be hit but the vast majority it's just uncomfortable for a short time.

This is a manufactured crisis. Drop the goddamn puck.

Yes people can and will die, but it's a slim majority of those infected

Writing can be hard :)

Still...look at Italy. The death rate there is staggering, and aggravated by facilities being so swamped - especially ventilators - the patients are being triaged as to their perceived likelihood of survival with the clear knowledge some are being consigned to the Check Out line. The fatality rate is at the least in the single digit percentages and perhaps as high as 3%. That's at least an order of magnitude above the typical "flu" damage.

Wrt the USA, this is definitely going to get worse before it's run its course for the year, and that's if reasonable pro-active countermeasures to "flatten the curve" prevail. And I read an article that said there's something like 80,000 critical care beds in the entire USA. In a country of 350 million souls. If half the country gets infected, and only 1% of them need to be in one of those beds, they're gonna be stacked to the ceilings and then some.

Let that sink in...

Cheers!

If you're going to debate the severity of Coronavirus or the response, please take it to the debate forum. There is an active thread ongoing.

I'm kind of at a loss without hockey too. I'm reading at night!

So, if the NHL can't find a way to truncate the regular season and conduct some stripper-version playoffs to a conclusion, the league rules will award The Cup to the Boston Bruins.

Imo, if that comes to pass (effin' sad, but it's looking that way) the Bruins should accept The Presidents' Trophy - and find some way to politely decline the Championship.

Because no Boston fan attending a future game in "Da Gahdin" is going to want to see that banner hanging from the rafters...

So, if the NHL can't find a way to truncate the regular season and conduct some stripper-version playoffs to a conclusion, the league rules will award The Cup to the Boston Bruins.

Imo, if that comes to pass (effin' sad, but it's looking that way) the Bruins should accept The Presidents' Trophy - and find some way to politely decline the Championship.

Because no Boston fan attending a future game in "Da Gahdin" is going to want to see that banner hanging from the rafters...
Citation needed. The only place I see this is on Bruins Twitter. The league rules contain nothing about awarding the cup.

Not sure about NHL but in European soccer it's been adamantly stated that titles won't just be handed out. Either the season is finished or the season is null and void. And it seems that anything up to completely cancelling the next season to finish this one is on the table.

Back