Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of the Flyers, quite the complete game today. Special teams, even strength, the whole game.

Hopefully they don't just repeat the schedule after beating Florida 7-0.

StittsvilleJames said:
Ya, he's just sooooo big and scary!
LOL

It kind of looks like he's begging Neil "Please sir, It won't happen again. I've learned my lesson!"

People need to realize that just because he's large, doesn't make Chara a good fighter, or intimidating to other tough guys, or whatever. He has bambi legs, and goes off balance too easily.

HAHA!!! Yea... I got nothing for ya lol!!

Well I'm starting to worry about Detroit making the playoffs. They keep getting variables sent at them that make it hard to try and do anything consistently, and when they do show consistency they aren't doing anything spectacular.

So umm Duchene doesnt need blue lines? I dislike the Preds, but man that linesman ****ed up.

Or maybe it's because of a couple posts on some other threads...

Wouldn't know mate I don't pay much attention to who is posting what, just try my best to answer questions when I can, and post rhetorically in a few threads this is the longest OT back and forth convo I've had on the boards.

Don't sweat the small stuff mate my last post was joshing you, you're welcome to live where you please as a matter of fact, move next door to me for all I care I'd share brew and watch pucks with ya. This is a trashtalk thread, can't take the trashtalk to heart.

Wouldn't know mate I don't pay much attention to who is posting what, just try my best to answer questions when I can, and post rhetorically in a few threads this is the longest OT back and forth convo I've had on the boards.

Don't sweat the small stuff mate my last post was joshing you, you're welcome to live where you please as a matter of fact, move next door to me for all I care I'd share brew and watch pucks with ya. This is a trashtalk thread, can't take the trashtalk to heart.

Nothing taken to heart, not at all. One of my best friends is a Rags fan and we've gone to games together to see the Flyers/Rangers. Some of the political threads get heated and people have a hard time keeping things civil sometimes.

Speaking of the Flyers, quite the complete game today. Special teams, even strength, the whole game. [...]

Honestly, the Islanders sucked so bad in this game they made the Flyers look like skating brain surgeons. Plenty of tape for the Philly highlight reel, that's for sure, but behind every play there was some stunning NYI ineptitude.

Gotta be tough to be an Islander fan after that game...

Cheers!

Talking to a guy who has game center live playing 24-7. Watch all the Bruins games, all Detroit games, all kings games, most of the other games.

My definition of classy is actually knowing a thing or 2 about hockey, knowing which players pick out your guys, not just booing the guy with a C on his sweater just because he has that C. If you're going to be a fan at least be an educated one booing captains by default is un classy. Get real.

Well if you're just going to make up definitions for words, then you'll be right about everything and nobody will know what the hell you're talking about.

Anyway, Chara is a friggin ogre, and screw that guy. It's not like these Jets fans are watching him pull babies from burning buildings and booing him as he saves lives. He's playing hockey, FFS. Boo the best player on the ice, why not?

Why are there so many goddamn pansies in the "Hockey Trash Talk Thread"? First time someone says something negative about your stupid-ass teams or their fans and every one of you gets their panties all twisted up.

[...]Anyway, Chara is a friggin ogre, and screw that guy. It's not like these Jets fans are watching him pull babies from burning buildings and booing him as he saves lives. He's playing hockey, FFS. Boo the best player on the ice, why not?

Funniest thing I've read today - and totally true.

Why are there so many goddamn pansies in the "Hockey Trash Talk Thread"? First time someone says something negative about your stupid-ass teams or their fans and every one of you gets their panties all twisted up.

Society is clearly pansifying all around us. I weep for the future...

Cheers! ;)

Not gonna paint you a better picture than that mate!

It was the imagery of who actually wears the panties at your place.
Where's the brain bleach? :drunk:

Back on topic though. New rules pertaining to face offs. Yay or nay?

It's pretty much trying to govern an instinctive reaction. I'll be surprised if it isn't changed...

Cheers!

It's pretty much trying to govern an instinctual reaction. I'll be surprised if it isn't changed...

Cheers!

The lace feels nice.

I'm not a fan of it at all, in my opinion all it manages to do is slow the game down having to toss at least one guy just about every face off.

I actually watched the whole Hawks vs Kings game yesterday. Chicago looked good until they decided to coast through the 3rd period which, along with an idiotic penalty by Oduya, almost resulted in the Kings clinching a tie. It's hard to fathom that they're the only team unbeaten in regulation atm, further that they're the league leader. If they can play the full 60 consistently and keep the dumb penalties to a minimum then they could very well be a contender this year. As it was, however, I saw too much of the 3rd period jackoffishness last night which screws them in terms of acquiring a decent playoff berth and their performance in the playoffs for that matter.

Scrivens with another shutout. 2 in a row? Dude is on fire. Something like 145 minutes without letting a single puck through.

I actually watched the whole Hawks vs Kings game yesterday. Chicago looked good until they decided to coast through the 3rd period which, along with an idiotic penalty by Oduya, almost resulted in the Kings clinching a tie. It's hard to fathom that they're the only team unbeaten in regulation atm, further that they're the league leader. If they can play the full 60 consistently and keep the dumb penalties to a minimum then they could very well be a contender this year. As it was, however, I saw too much of the 3rd period jackoffishness last night which screws them in terms of acquiring a decent playoff berth and their performance in the playoffs for that matter.

I think their record may disagree with you.

Um.. Isn't that the case for just about every team in the league?

I think their record may disagree with you.
It's still early, even if the seasonnis shortened.

Um.. Isn't that the case for just about every team in the league?
Some teams fall victim to these issues more than others. Furthermore, there are some teams that could adhere to that criteria and still lose the majority of their games. So, no.

It's still early, even if the seasonnis shortened.

Some teams fall victim to these issues more than others. Furthermore, there are some teams that could adhere to that criteria and still lose the majority of their games. So, no.

Hence the qualifier "just about". The league is very competitive right now. But there are a few teams that just aren't up to snuff.

Honestly, the Islanders sucked so bad in this game they made the Flyers look like skating brain surgeons. Plenty of tape for the Philly highlight reel, that's for sure, but behind every play there was some stunning NYI ineptitude.

Gotta be tough to be an Islander fan after that game...

Cheers!

C'mon, the Flyers played awesome and it wasn't the Islanders just pooping on the bench and rolling in it. Give the winning team some credit other than highlight reel content. Sure, the Islanders made mistakes...how do you get denied entry into the offensive zone twice and called for icing when you're on a 5-on-3, but you can't blame every mistake on the Islanders for 7 goals. The fact they hit a few posts and had some pressure where Bryz had to scramble a bit indicates this wasn't a complete failure by NY.

For this, you're a dick. I had everything going right about this working on when I could brew a strong Belgian for my wife and then I read this...ass.

The jets put two early ones past the brick wall that has been Ryan Millar as of late. Poor guy has got to be getting tired of carrying his piss poor team.

Edit; datsyuk literally just carried the puck through the entire Nashville team to personally deliver the puck to the back of the net. Unreal moves. I stand by my claim that he is the best puck handler in the league.

Stinks they lost in overtime. I didn't get to watch/listen, I'll be looking for highlights in the morning though.

FreshZ said:
Zolnercyk or whatever is a cheap POS. what a ******.

Just like most of the Penguins roster...hence all the penalties. Matt Cooke shouldn't be in the NHL.

Either way, big win for the Flyers. Played the most games in the league so far...and three more than the other two they're tied with, but getting back into the realm of relevancy and playoff standings.

Looking like the offense is starting to figure things out with 13 goals in the last two games.

Not surprised but surprised that Lindy Ruff got fired.

flyers pens game was exciting last night...

looking forward to the Bruins/Lightening game tonight. I was at game 7 for the ECC a couple years ago between these two and it was a hell of a game, likely the best one i've ever been to.

Back