Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeze, this game would be like 80-zip if Miller wasn't standing on his head. I hope he doesn't keep it up through the third.

[edit] Honest to Gawd, the guy's gonna be all over Youtube if he keeps this up...

[last_edit] Another win by the Bs!

Cheers!

I would say Paciorertty needs to stop whining. Grabo was already tangled up with Prust, and then he comes along and smothers his mouth and nose from behind. What did he think was going to happen? Whether he bit him or not is debatable, but if you shove your arm into someone's open mouth you're probably going to feel teeth.

I know you were just making a joke, I'm just throwing that out there because so many of these Habs fans are calling for Grabovski's head now. Sore losers.

I wonder if the Habs fans have called the RCMP over this one yet. They're still whining about this 2 days later. What a bunch of nancies.

Hey Kratz, it's on tongiht. Old-time hockey is back in Toronto. Problem is the LEafs don't bother playing with any effort at home on Mondays. I expect a full steamrolling by Philly unless Carlyle can somehow light a fire under some lazy Leaf ass today.

Actually, the schedule says next game isn't until Thursday. That means the threat of a bag-skate will be looming over the team's head tonight. I expect a full-on stellar performance. Philly ain't got jack ****. Bunch o' pussies, just like their blowhard fans.

Hey Kratz, it's on tongiht. Old-time hockey is back in Toronto. Problem is the LEafs don't bother playing with any effort at home on Mondays. I expect a full steamrolling by Philly unless Carlyle can somehow light a fire under some lazy Leaf ass today.

Actually, the schedule says next game isn't until Thursday. That means the threat of a bag-skate will be looming over the team's head tonight. I expect a full-on stellar performance. Philly ain't got jack ****. Bunch o' pussies, just like their blowhard fans.

I came here to post much of the same seeing what's on the docket tonight. We'll see if JvR is willing to go into those dirty areas tonight against his old team. We'll see if how he takes some hits from Grossman, Schenn, or any of the others back there.

Rinaldo didn't fight on Saturday, so he's due to beat someone down tonight.

Flyers haven't been as bad on the road as they have been this season (1-5-0) or had a negative goal differential in a long time. Penalty kill is finally getting things under control, killing 20 of the last 22.

Some intriguing numbers from the preview:
A visit to Toronto would seem like a good place to start for Philadelphia as it's won five in a row there. The Flyers have also taken five straight overall in the series and are 9-1-0 in their last 10 against the Maple Leafs (7-5-0)...

Toronto has been outscored 16-4 in its five straight home losses to Philadelphia, falling 7-1 in the most recent March 29.

We'll see what happens, but I'm looking for a 5-2 Philly win tonight. Briere loves playing Toronto, 43 points in 40 career games. Maybe we'll see some fireworks.

Either way, the home team sucks at home and the road team sucks on the road so far this year. Something interesting is bound to happen.

I saw the clip Sunday during the Wings game, the FSD commentators all said the dude shouldn't have put his arm around another man's face and he was in the wrong in the first place.

I kind of agree on that. He should have pulled the jersey over the guy's head and pounded his face until this front teeth are knocked out. You know, the way the game is SUPPOSED to be played!

I kind of agree on that. He should have pulled the jersey over the guy's head and pounded his face until this front teeth are knocked out. You know, the way the game is SUPPOSED to be played!

How do you do that when you're trying to jump the guy from behind?

Anyway, no suspension for Grabo. Party on, boys.

Can't wait to see Fraser put Giroux through the boards. Should be a good game.

Man these Philly commentators are such homers. Whenever Philly gets caught cheating and gets a penalty, it's the refs who "felt that was a penalty". When Riemer makes an incredible save, it's Matt Read who made the mistake of "shooting towards the goalie". Kind of annoying, but not as annoying as the homer Leafs guys!

Good game so far - this could go either way.

Also - anyone have any idea why this forum is now basically appearing as plain text? Just kind of did it all of a sudden - no other sites/forums look like this. It sucks.

[...]Also - anyone have any idea why this forum is now basically appearing as plain text? Just kind of did it all of a sudden - no other sites/forums look like this. It sucks.

Looks same as always here. All kinds of fonts, sizes, colors. Might be a browser settings issue on your end?

Cheers!

Figured it out. Laptop was on the unblock-us DNS, which messes it up for some reason. All other sites are fine. Whatevs...

Anyway we have another Leafs beatdown on our hands here. Too bad Reimer's knee appears to have exploded, thus rendering our season a failure. Toronto has the worst luck ever.

Man these Philly commentators are such homers. Whenever Philly gets caught cheating and gets a penalty, it's the refs who "felt that was a penalty". When Riemer makes an incredible save, it's Matt Read who made the mistake of "shooting towards the goalie". Kind of annoying, but not as annoying as the homer Leafs guys!

Good game so far - this could go either way.

Also - anyone have any idea why this forum is now basically appearing as plain text? Just kind of did it all of a sudden - no other sites/forums look like this. It sucks.

You must be getting a different broadcast than the normal Flyers home broadcast. Jim Jackson is one of the best about not being a homer and calling the game how it's being played. He's quite entertaining, even when the Flyers are playing terrible.

Maybe you're getting the broadcasters that do the radio calls, they're definitely homers. Jim Jackson, Keith Jones, and Bill Clement do a great job. Steve Coates is annoying and more on the lines of a homer, but the other guys are good.

Figured it out. Laptop was on the unblock-us DNS, which messes it up for some reason. All other sites are fine. Whatevs...

Anyway we have another Leafs beatdown on our hands here. Too bad Reimer's knee appears to have exploded, thus rendering our season a failure. Toronto has the worst luck ever.

Didn't catch the game, only watched the score/penalties on my phone. The W is great and all, but not at that expense. I had honestly thought we were going to make the playoffs now, but Reimer getting injured AGAIN is a disaster.

Coincidentally enough, that 7-1 blowout Philly recorded in their last match up with Toronto was the 2nd game Scrivens started last year after Reimer was injured and Gustavsson got injured by a puck in warmup... the Leafs really had to scramble just to find some random backup. The 7-1 score was kind of like inevitable with the AHL goalie in net. Hopefully he's gotten much better with the experience he's gained since.

I don't know if the outlook for Reimer's injury has been stated yet, but I'm really hoping - likely in vain - that it's not season-ending. Man... way to take all the thrill out of the win. :(

Didn't catch the game, only watched the score/penalties on my phone. The W is great and all, but not at that expense. I had honestly thought we were going to make the playoffs now, but Reimer getting injured AGAIN is a disaster.

Coincidentally enough, that 7-1 blowout Philly recorded in their last match up with Toronto was the 2nd game Scrivens started last year after Reimer was injured and Gustavsson got injured by a puck in warmup... the Leafs really had to scramble just to find some random backup. The 7-1 score was kind of like inevitable with the AHL goalie in net. Hopefully he's gotten much better with the experience he's gained since.

I don't know if the outlook for Reimer's injury has been stated yet, but I'm really hoping - likely in vain - that it's not season-ending. Man... way to take all the thrill out of the win. :(

Injury is likely not serious according to Carlyle. I believe he was "walking it off" in the tunnel. Will be re-evaluated today, but hopefully just misses a couple games and then returns next week.

Good week for this to happen though. Only 3 games, and it's against 2 pretty crappy teams. 4 wins in a row.. wow.

Good news, Reimer has an MCL strain. They expect him to be out for "at least a week". That's a huge relief, considering it looked like a season ending injury. I'd be happy if he was out for a few weeks even to get the time he needs to heal properly. Shame though, he was playing fantastic. The way the team is playing at the moment, I think we can roll with Scrivens temporarily. Other than that, great game last night. JvR's goal was glorious, made even better by the fact he made Schenn do snow angels to get to the net.

Good game tonight. Bruins/Rangers. I'm looking forward to this game...

Me, too. I was seriously jonesing for a game last night - any game - and found nuthin' on the toob.

Rangers, in a home game, while the B's have been looking rather good? Yeah, I'm up for that! :) Hopefully the fans didn't wear themselves out shoveling and get the house rockin'! :rockin:

Meanwhile...how 'bout those Blackhawks? Yikes!

Cheers!

Wish I hadn't missed the leafs/flyers game last night. Sounded awesome, and now I have to wait till ****ing Thursday! :(

During the intermissions...I'll be working on getting my 3 year old to clean up the disaster she's created in the living room and getting a venison crock pot meal ready tonight so I can just turn on in the morning.

Got TSN - Jets on TV, Philly feed playing in the background on the desktop...

GF is out curling - pure hockey goodness for the next few hours!!!

Jim Jackson calling the game or are you getting the radio broadcast? When I lived in Germany, the audio on NHL.com for the games was always the AM radio broadcast out of Philly. I prefer the TV crew. We talked about this last night.

Fug, probably won't even catch the game Thursday as it's on LeafsTV which I can't seem to get. So Saturday... :(

On a brighter note, of the next two weeks' schedule, the "best" team we seem to be up against are the 'Canes, so I suppose Scrivens may not be SUCH a travesty.

I'm REALLY feeling good about making the playoffs this year, and not just because of the short season. Heck, might even win a series... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. :D

I'm REALLY feeling good about making the playoffs this year, and not just because of the short season. Heck, might even win a series... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. :D

It is Toronto and they have a consistent recent history of blowing things up.

Ottawa is only two points behind Toronto and Tampa Bay is only 4 points back. Wouldn't surprise me if either one or both of those teams come up with a win.

Toronto looked good last night and if they play the entire game the way they played the 2nd and most of the 3rd, they'll be fine.

A team with more offensive consistency and better special teams will give them more trouble than the Flyers mustered.

Not a bad first period. Got a power play goal, killed off a penalty, and not much Bryz could do on that nasty goal by Ladd.

Flyers really need G-rox to get going offensively.

Love watching Tye McGinn play, and fight. Shocked there wasn't a call on Jake even though Montoya was out of the crease, the goaltenders are like quarterbacks and almost always get that call.

Jets are losing their minds and composure. Rinaldo has them in fits.

I'm guessing Byfuglien gets a call from the league about his shot to Rinaldo's face/head on that last stoppage.

Back