Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pens are gonna win because the refs are gonna call the game in their favor.

Game hasn't even started yet and Crosby's already gotten away with 2 cross checks and a slew-foot. What a dirtbag.

You don't even want to know what Malkin's got away with so far.

Who beat Hitchcock with the purple double headed dildo? Is he turning into grimace? Never remember him being purple...

wildwest450 said:
Who beat Hitchcock with the purple double headed dildo? Is he turning into grimace? Never remember him being purple...

He's looked like that all year. Like an old alcoholic. Who cares. 5 hole in ones in his life. He's ok by me.

Love Tortorellas post game comments about the no call on orpiks knee to knee hit that knocked stepan out of the game. "I wonder what would have happen if it were done to 1 of their 2 whiny stars!" He's goes on to say that orpik is disrespectful and the penguins organization is a disgrace.

I would tend to agree..........

Thanx to a Vancouver loss, the quest continues...............

Well, I was a little off.

OK lads. Enough's enough. Lets drop the puck on this season and put this off season to rest. It's been long, and tragic, and horrible, but it's over.

My predictions for the east:

1. Washington
2. Buffalo
3. Philadelphia
4. Boston
5. Pittsburgh
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. New Jersey
9. Montreal
10. NY Rangers
11. Toronto
12. NY Islanders
13. Winnipeg
14. Florida
15. Ottawa

I feel really bad putting my team (Ottawa) dead last in the east, but I truly feel we will be last overall, will draft Yakupov 1st overall, and will become beasts starting in 2013/2014. At least Toronto won't make the playoffs either, and Montreal may make the playoffs, but I see a first round exit again if they do end up sneaking in past New Jersey.

Washington is going to be too good with Vokoun and (finally!) some top notch goaltending.

Buffalo made too many good moves, and their new owner wants it too much to not win the Northeast. I have them ahead of Philadelphia only because...

Philadelphia may be the team they look like on paper, or they may not mesh at all, but if they do, they'll be awesome.

Pittsburgh will be tough, but I don't believe in Fleury, never have.

Tampa Bay is due for a drop off, St. Louis is like 80 years old, Roloson is old enough to be his dad, and Stamkos will be figured out after half the season and his ppg will drop somewhere around January, because he is too predictable with the puck.

Carolina has Staal and Ward. Those two alone, if they both have decent years, could get them into the show. Throw in Skinner (barring a sophomore slump) and the playoffs seem like a good bet.

New Jersey all depends on Brodeur being Brodeur, and not just another old guy trying to recapture the glory years. Parise and Kovalchuk can carry the team to the playoffs though, but if they falter, Montreal can squeak into the playoffs in their stead.

Winnipeg, despite all the good feelings being back in the NHL, blah blah blah, they are still not good enough, especially with a rookie coach, rookie GM, and it's ok, because the city won't care. They got the Jets back, baby!

NY Rangers, don't see it. Brad Richards will not walk on water. Only one Richards will make the playoffs this year, and it's not Brad. Gaborik will still get hurt, and Lundqvist can only do so much.

Florida, well, they're Florida. They won't make the playoffs again, and all 184 fans will be upset. Then, it will be spring, and 181 of 184 fans will fly home to Canada, and nobody will mourn the missing of the playoffs for what, the 92nd time in a row?

EDIT: Oops, forgot my Boston reasoning. I never like to pick a Stanley Cup champ to do well the next year. Seems to me teams get too complacent, or they expect to win, or maybe even get impatient in the regular season. And Thomas can't be that good again, he just can't. Rask will be the guy by the end of the season. Thomas did his thing last year, now it's Tuukka time.

There you have it. These predictions are set in stone. There is no way they will not come true, so if you are a betting person, put some cash on what I have said.....I'll take that bet. :)
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
LOL Rangers in 10th. Florida 14th, Sens 15th.

Buffalo, Tampa, and Carolina all make the playoffs. Washington finishes first!

I guess this may be why TSN has't offered me a contract to be an analyst yet! To quote an overused cliche: I suppose this is why you play the games though, right?

Love Tortorellas post game comments about the no call on orpiks knee to knee hit that knocked stepan out of the game. "I wonder what would have happen if it were done to 1 of their 2 whiny stars!" He's goes on to say that orpik is disrespectful and the penguins organization is a disgrace.

I would tend to agree..........

Thanx to a Vancouver loss, the quest continues...............

Maybe you should go back to school: How is it "no call" when Orpik got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct? (And if you actually watch the "knee hit" you will see that it wasn't done on purpose, rather Orpik is on a track to hit Stepan front on, and Stephan trys to jump out of the way.

But Tortorella doesn't bother to actually watch the incident over again before he blasts his big mouth in the post game interview. Did he ever talk about the hit Rupp did on Jordan Staal that put him out for a month? Well, Staal did and said "It's just hockey".

Maybe the Rangers will get to play the Penguins again in the playoffs, and we will see how they do. Then again, I think the Capitals will most likely eliminate them in the first round.

Excuse my ignorance. I missed the game, just saw the highlight of the hit and comments. I thought he lost his tits cause it was a no call. Still, summed it up pretty accurately......

Orpik should have gotten at least a game. This bush league known as the NHL bends over backwards to blow that piss poor organization.

+1 on that.

Rangers got the Caps tonight, win and they win the pres trophy. Also, the Caps are having goaltending "issues". Wonder how long Neuvirth will be out??? Could be a quick first round if nothing changes....

Let's GO RANgERS!!!!!

Orpik should have gotten at least a game. This bush league known as the NHL bends over backwards to blow that piss poor organization.

Yes, I know. Tortorella was perfectly ok to threaten another teams players: "I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars. I wonder what would happen"? Ya know, NY Rangers fans are really DENSE if they can't see why this would be unacceptable.

But, this it the same coach that essentially said that the winter classic was crooked and that NBC and the NHL were trying to force the game into overtime.

See you in the playoffs, assuming you survive the Capitals.

Been busy lately, mostly outside....haven't finished the Flyers/Pens game from today. I'm at the beginning of the second period.

Can't help but notice that Rinaldo got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for a weak ass hit that barely is a boarding hit and yet a couple games ago, it was Staal who cross checked Coburn in the back, from several feet away from the boards, and drove him head first into the boards and only got a 2 minute minor and $2,500 fine the next day.

What a joke.

Pens fans, keep thinking these games are called equally against both teams.

copyright1997 said:
Yes, I know. Tortorella was perfectly ok to threaten another teams players: "I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars. I wonder what would happen"? Ya know, NY Rangers fans are really DENSE if they can't see why this would be unacceptable.

But, this it the same coach that essentially said that the winter classic was crooked and that NBC and the NHL were trying to force the game into overtime.

See you in the playoffs, assuming you survive the Capitals.

Threaten?

LMAO.....it's no surprise a pansy that thinks What Torts was saying was a threat is a Pens fan.

Oh, and you should check out what Grapes had to say tonight.

Wooooooo!

2nd pres trophy in a row for the Canucks. Suck it Rags.

And please, jtkratzer and all the other philly fans, quit your whining! I don't particularly like the Pens and I've never liked Cindy, but enough is enough... Christ. You keep bringing up that Pens fans' opinions are inevitably biased, but by the same logic, so is the viewpoint of every Flyers fan. And yes, that *definitely* includes you (despite repeated claims of objectivity :rolleyes:.)

But I'm pretty sure nobody else cares quite *that* much about any of it, and after dozens of pages of whining, it gets to be beyond annoying. Copyright may
be biased towards his own team - as most fans are - but at least he's not constantly whining.

Pittsburgh spanked Philly tonight, and while I'm otherwise impartial regarding these teams and would probably typically prefer Philly due to my strong dislike of Crosby, I really hope that the result tonight is a sign of things to come in the playoffs, entirely because of the posts made in this thread.

emjay said:
Wooooooo!

And please, jtkratzer and all the other philly fans, quit your whining! I don't particularly like the Pens and I've never liked Cindy, but enough is enough... Christ. You keep bringing up that Pens fans' opinions are inevitably biased, but by the same logic, so is the viewpoint of every Flyers fan. And yes, that *definitely* includes you (despite repeated claims of objectivity :rolleyes:.)

But I'm pretty sure nobody else cares quite *that* much about any of it, and after dozens of pages of whining, it gets to be beyond annoying. Copyright may
be biased towards his own team - as most fans are - but at least he's not constantly whining.

Pittsburgh spanked Philly tonight, and while I'm otherwise impartial regarding these teams and would probably typically prefer Philly due to my strong dislike of Crosby, I really hope that the result tonight is a sign of things to come in the playoffs, entirely because of the posts made in this thread.

You can shut your whore mouth. It's so obvious it's disgusting. It's not called whining when it's obvious and it's reality and a bunch of people want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it. Last night was one of the best officiated games between these two teams in years outside of the Rindaldo ejection. It's the fact that every single game these two teams play, something else like this happens.

Did you even watch the video or replays to see the two hits?

It's a joke, and so are you and your Canucks who aren't going to do anything in the playoffs.

Get your fire extinguishers tested, you're going to need them.

emjay said:
Wooooooo!

Ah the irony.

A Euro trash Canucks fan complaining about Flyers fans who are complaining about the Pens.

P.S. that presidents trophy doesn't mean squat when your Euro trash stars fold like cheap tents at the first sign of physical play.

I just have to chuckle at how much worse/more blatant the hit Richards put on Couture was compared to Rinaldo.

Here's the Rinaldo hit good enough for a 5 minute major and game misconduct:

Here's the Richards hit that got a 2 minute minor...
http://video.thescore.com/watch/richards-hits-couture-from-behind

And here's the Staal hit on Coburn that got a 2 minute minor and $2,500 fine the next day, and Timonen got a 2 minute unsportsmanlike for getting into the ref about it being a minor.

So...tell me how Rinaldo's hit was bad enough to warrant a major and ejection compared to either one of the other hits. Put your team's colors away for a few minutes and legitimately discuss the hits objectively. It's pretty obvious that Rinaldo's hit was not the most aggressive or dangerous, but he received the harshest penalty and we'll see on Monday if there is any supplementary discipline handed out by the league.

You call can call me a homer, a complainer, someone who is just b*tching, but seriously, just watch these videos and look at how differently they are called on the ice. Watch the entire video with the Richards/Couture hit. In the previous Kings/Sharks game, there was another boarding penalty called for a hit on Couture and it was a major. Honestly, no difference between the two hits on Couture and the hit on Coburn, yet two are minors, one is a major. All three are far worse/dangerous/classic textbook boarding penalties than the Rinaldo hit, which was pretty marginal, yet he was assessed a major. I would have no problem with a minor, but it was barely a minor at that.

Take the two hits involving the Flyers and Pens and consider the comments Crosby made following the previous Flyers game about all the hacks/slashes he gave without penalty...and how he complained about the cross check he took from Schenn, called it out as dirty, then said it's part of the game and he does it, too, and then said he didn't have a problem with it at all.

So, again, put your homer hats away and discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
jtkratzer said:
You can shut your whore mouth. It's so obvious it's disgusting. It's not called whining when it's obvious and it's reality and a bunch of people want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it. Last night was one of the best officiated games between these two teams in years outside of the Rindaldo ejection. It's the fact that every single game these two teams play, something else like this happens.

Did you even watch the video or replays to see the two hits?

It's a joke, and so are you and your Canucks who aren't going to do anything in the playoffs.

Get your fire extinguishers tested, you're going to need them.

Holy crap someone got a shoulder for jtkratzer?
This thread has turned to crap over the last few weeks with your blabbering posts about sh#t only you give a hoot about.
Every post is the same whiny rubbish half a page long. Can't wait till your team cops a beating by the pens and you can crawl back to your hole with your box of tissues and cry about how hard done by your poor flyers are and how unfair it is.

All you haters keep hating while we ride this president to the cup!
There's a reason why we are up there for the 2nd year in a row.
No other team in the league can handle fast clean hockey from a team that isn't full of meathead goons.

Ps. Anyone else who lives in philly you better get out and buy some tissues now before your team loses an 'jtkratzer' takes them all.

Holy crap someone got a shoulder for jtkratzer?
This thread has turned to crap over the last few weeks with your blabbering posts about sh#t only you give a hoot about.
Every post is the same whiny rubbish half a page long. Can't wait till your team cops a beating by the pens and you can crawl back to your hole with your box of tissues and cry about how hard done by your poor flyers are and how unfair it is.

All you haters keep hating while we ride this president to the cup!
There's a reason why we are up there for the 2nd year in a row.
No other team in the league can handle fast clean hockey from a team that isn't full of meathead goons.

Ps. Anyone else who lives in philly you better get out and buy some tissues now before your team loses an 'jtkratzer' takes them all.

Vancouver-Canucks-fans-pu-003.jpg

8193394_600x338.jpg

vancouver_017.jpg

800_cp_pose_for_fire_110615.jpg

5838516207_dcc354545d.jpg

Vancouver-Canucks-fans-pu-003.jpg

Did I hear someone say something about needing tissues because it looks like all these snots are the ones throwing tantrums.

But let me guess, this was you and you weren't involved in any of the shenanigans:
460-kissing-couple-cp-getty.jpg

It's going to be great to see Vancouver burn at the hands of its own citizenry like a Colorado wildfire when they fold in the playoffs (again) - between the sisters not being able to take a hit to Luongo looking like Swiss cheese when the post season starts...you better pray for Schneider to play lights out and drop the gloves for the rest of the team. But you can be excited that Florida has as many Stanley Cups as Vancouver.

I understand this is a trash talk thread, but we should be able to discuss the game at the same time that we bust each other's balls. And your 28 posts that add up to less than 2 per month in this thread really have contributed a lot to the content that people are reading.

One more thing, let me know when Vancouver becomse relevant for something other than this:
canucks.jpg

Threaten?

LMAO.....it's no surprise a pansy that thinks What Torts was saying was a threat is a Pens fan.

Oh, and you should check out what Grapes had to say tonight.

First, you are an idiot if you can't see why the league can't allow coaches to talk about injuring another team's players and going on an on TV explicitive laden interview.

Second, I don't think I've ever heard Don Cherry say anything nice about Crosby. But he does have nice suits.

You can shut your whore mouth. It's so obvious it's disgusting. It's not called whining when it's obvious and it's reality and a bunch of people want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore it. Last night was one of the best officiated games between these two teams in years outside of the Rindaldo ejection. It's the fact that every single game these two teams play, something else like this happens. .... blah blah, whine whine whine, blah blah...

I see you've stopped taking your medicine again. It's be quiet on the thread for the last few days...I figured it was just becase the Flyer's were getting their asses kicked....50/50 hockey in their last 10 games. Here's the flyers trying to get back at Vitale:
[ame="http://youtu.be/Xh45mMXUwqc"]http://youtu.be/Xh45mMXUwqc[/ame]
I especially like the commentary here: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111384. Are you looking forward to your teams whoppin in the first round? :)

More pictures like this please, except get rid of the crap except the couple in the street. I'm taking my son to Vancouver this summer, I wonder if I will see any of that? :off:

I see you've stopped taking your medicine again. It's be quiet on the thread for the last few days...I figured it was just becase the Flyer's were getting their asses kicked....50/50 hockey in their last 10 games. Here's the flyers trying to get back at Vitale:
http://youtu.be/Xh45mMXUwqc
I especially like the commentary here: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111384. Are you looking forward to your teams whoppin in the first round? :)

Yeah, Harry got his ass handed to him, I like the motivation though.

You're an idiot. 5-5 in their last 10, to be truthful, it's 5-4-1, a measely single point behind the Pens' 6-4-0 in their last 10...and the Flyers didn't play Giroux and several others for the meaningless game yesterday. Why do you think Bob started?

Great move to pull Fleury with the 2-1 lead to get him that franchise record win...it lasted all of what, 30 seconds until the Flyers scored on Johnson. Retards.

I've been busy with stuff outside and around the house. I figured you'd keep things going without me.

Still pretty ballsy to think the Pens are going to whoop the Flyers in the first round with their steller 2-4 record against the Flyers. We'll see. It's going to be awsome.

More pictures like this please, except get rid of the crap except the couple in the street. I'm taking my son to Vancouver this summer, I wonder if I will see any of that? :off:

Based on Vancouver's history, you probably will see some rioting, especially if they lose before the Cup Finals, which would be great.

jtkratzer said:
Did I hear someone say something about needing tissues because it looks like all these snots are the ones throwing tantrums.

But let me guess, this was you and you weren't involved in any of the shenanigans:

It's going to be great to see Vancouver burn at the hands of its own citizenry like a Colorado wildfire when they fold in the playoffs (again) - between the sisters not being able to take a hit to Luongo looking like Swiss cheese when the post season starts...you better pray for Schneider to play lights out and drop the gloves for the rest of the team. But you can be excited that Florida has as many Stanley Cups as Vancouver.

I understand this is a trash talk thread, but we should be able to discuss the game at the same time that we bust each other's balls. And your 28 posts that add up to less than 2 per month in this thread really have contributed a lot to the content that people are reading.

One more thing, let me know when Vancouver becomse relevant for something other than this:

Here we go again jtcrapser bringing up s#it from days passed.
I don't give a flying hoot about the riot photos I wasn't there and all my Canadian friends who where in van weren't part of it either. Hooligan bandwagoners are gunna do what there gunna do. Van city council can probably take half the blame for it by allowing such ridiculous crowd to cram in to parts of the city and having virtually no police presence to control it.

Folding in the playoffs? Didn't the flyers get swept in 4 games because there goalie in your words looked like Swiss cheese!

Nope no cup for vancouver yet we all know that but there's always this year mate and the nucks are sitting alot prettier then your team and every other as a matter of fact.

I'm sorry I guess your 5 posts per game updating to people who don't care for your team about how unfair the refs are officiating it are a much better contribution then anything I've ever posted. Maybe I can build my post count up during the playoffs when we take it to the finals.

Pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that your crapping on about your team being so hard done by is getting old.

You seem to know your hockey pretty well just a shame to read anything worthwhile in your posts I have to trawl through waist deep sh#t.

[/QUOTE]
More pictures like this please, except get rid of the crap except the couple in the street. I'm taking my son to Vancouver this summer, I wonder if I will see any of that? :off:[/QUOTE]

Typical Aussie boy not letting anything get in his way for a chance at some tail ; )
Apparently weren't even watching the game let alone riot and just got stuck in there.

thedingo said:
Here we go again jtcrapser bringing up s#it from days passed.
I don't give a flying hoot about the riot photos I wasn't there and all my Canadian friends who where in van weren't part of it either. Hooligan bandwagoners are gunna do what there gunna do. Van city council can probably take half the blame for it by allowing such ridiculous crowd to cram in to parts of the city and having virtually no police presence to control it.

Folding in the playoffs? Didn't the flyers get swept in 4 games because there goalie in your words looked like Swiss cheese!

Nope no cup for vancouver yet we all know that but there's always this year mate and the nucks are sitting alot prettier then your team and every other as a matter of fact.

I'm sorry I guess your 5 posts per game updating to people who don't care for your team about how unfair the refs are officiating it are a much better contribution then anything I've ever posted. Maybe I can build my post count up during the playoffs when we take it to the finals.

Pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that your crapping on about your team being so hard done by is getting old.

You seem to know your hockey pretty well just a shame to read anything worthwhile in your posts I have to trawl through waist deep sh#t.

Crapster? Haven't heard that since the halls of middle school. You win the most immature post of the month award. Congrats.

There's always this year? Edmonton and the Islanders say that every Fall...wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. Let me know which one fills up first.

Dude, taking it to the Finals and losing is still losing, probably sucks more. Ask me how I know...not trash talking here, but the Flyers have been to the Finals one time fewer than the Canucks have won their division and only had the Cup twice, both times before I was born.

That goaltending was ugly last year and Boston was unreal, hence they won the Cup over who was it again, nevermind. And it was the same goaltending that took them to the finals the year before and lost after they had that 0-3 comeback against Boston. Leighton, Boosh Bag, and Bob...

Funny how we all b*tch when someone brings up the past, but that's what we do, talk about the games already played. I made my comment about the past when events involving Philly fans from 15-40 years before I was born were brought up as an effort to instigate or trash talk.

I'll tone down the way I bring some of this stuff up, but the fact that not a single person has made a comment in regards to the hits and difference in how they're handled is suspect.

I think you all are jealous of the year in year out success the Flyers have, short of winning the Cup (damnit!) that really is only surpassed by Detroit when it comes to where they finish in the standings and playoff appearances.

Everyone loves the pens / flyers rivalry, until they have to listen to you bunch of girls fight over who's vagina is tighter for 2 weeks straight....gawd, shut up already!

You're scared... Don't try to hide it. :)

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is Tortelloni crying to the media after every game. I really do dislike how he comes across like a spoiled child.

What better payback than bidding u a first round farewell!!! Scared, I'm excited!!!

jtkratzer said:
Crapster? Haven't heard that since the halls of middle school. You win the most immature post of the month award. Congrats.

There's always this year? Edmonton and the Islanders say that every Fall...wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. Let me know which one fills up first.

Dude, taking it to the Finals and losing is still losing, probably sucks more. Ask me how I know...not trash talking here, but the Flyers have been to the Finals one time fewer than the Canucks have won their division and only had the Cup twice, both times before I was born.

That goaltending was ugly last year and Boston was unreal, hence they won the Cup over who was it again, nevermind. And it was the same goaltending that took them to the finals the year before and lost after they had that 0-3 comeback against Boston. Leighton, Boosh Bag, and Bob...

Funny how we all b*tch when someone brings up the past, but that's what we do, talk about the games already played. I made my comment about the past when events involving Philly fans from 15-40 years before I was born were brought up as an effort to instigate or trash talk.

I'll tone down the way I bring some of this stuff up, but the fact that not a single person has made a comment in regards to the hits and difference in how they're handled is suspect.

I think you all are jealous of the year in year out success the Flyers have, short of winning the Cup (damnit!) that really is only surpassed by Detroit when it comes to where they finish in the standings and playoff appearances.

You obviously didn't read the posts a few weeks back where there was 2 comments on Vancouver being 1. Vanhoover 2. Van***ty . Those statements had the wit of a 6 yr old.
Calling you jtcrapster was actually revelent as that's how I see majority of your posts lately pure sh#t dribble those bullies at school must of had it right.

How are the flyers successful season in season out when they aren't winning the cup or even the presidents?
Like you said earlier in your post a loss is a loss and the further you go and lose the more it sucks.
So does that make the flyers the most consistent team at not winning the cup when they make the playoffs?
I can see why your sour because your teams always up there and then they lose and it SUCKS.

With Malkin's win of the Art Ross Trophy, Pittsburgh's dominance of the award continues:

NHL Scoring champions over the previous 24 seasons

Pittsburgh – 14
Los Angeles – 3
Vancouver – 2
Calgary – 1
Colorado – 1
San Jose – 1
Tampa Bay – 1
Washington – 1

[Four players have combined for the Penguins’ 14 titles – Mario Lemieux (six), Jaromir Jagr (five), Malkin (two) and Sidney Crosby (one).]

Hey man, what if you go back further? Twenty four seems pretty selective!
OK, here's since the NHL expansion (67):

NHL scoring champions since the 1967-68 expansion (44 total)

Pittsburgh – 14
Boston – 7
Edmonton – 7
Los Angeles – 4
Montreal – 3
Vancouver – 2
Calgary – 1
Chicago -- 1
Colorado – 1
NY Islanders – 1
San Jose – 1
Tampa Bay – 1
Washington – 1

And if you go back even further:
All-Time Art Ross Trophy winners (since 1948 – 64 total)

(The Penguins were not in the league for the first 20 years that the Trophy was awarded)

Pittsburgh – 14
Montreal – 9
Chicago – 8
Boston – 7
Detroit – 7
Edmonton – 7
Los Angeles – 4
Vancouver – 2
Calgary – 1
Colorado – 1
NY Islanders – 1
San Jose – 1
Tampa Bay – 1
Washington – 1

It's only if you go back (almost to infinity) that teams like Montreal take over:
"The NHL has crowned an individual scoring champion since 1918 but did not start awarding the Art Ross Trophy until 30 years later. Montreal (with a 50-year head start) is the all-time leader with 16 scoring titles. The Penguins are second with 14, followed by Boston and Chicago with 11 each. "

Congratulations to Malkin (if he whines, it's in Russian :) ). Also congratulations to Stamkos (goals) and Elliot (awesome goal-tending).

thedingo said:
How are the flyers successful season in season out when they aren't winning the cup or even the presidents?
Like you said earlier in your post a loss is a loss and the further you go and lose the more it sucks.
So does that make the flyers the most consistent team at not winning the cup when they make the playoffs?
I can see why your sour because your teams always up there and then they lose and it SUCKS.

If success is defined as President's trophies wins, that's cool, but none of the regular season matters if you don't make the playoffs. The Flyers have more division titles, conference titles, and Cups that the Canucks. They don't have as many ****ty jerseys. Only 28% of all President's trophy winners go on to win the Cup, something Vagcouver, with or with the President's trophy, has never experienced.

So regardless of how well you do in the regular season, making the playoffs is most important, unless you're a team that can't win the whole thing, then you hang your hat on your scoring title sisters or regular season record, or whatever you have.

The Flyers have won their division the same number of times the Canucks didn't even make the playoffs (16 times) compared to the Flyers 8. So, the Flyers have been around longer and have missed the playoffs half as many times as the Nucks. The Flyers are in the playoffs over 81% over their entire history.

The Canucks have only played in 214 playoff games. The Flyers have 209 playoff WINS...and a pair of Stanley Cups.

You can try to define success however you want to compare Vancouver to Philly, but the fact the Flyers have played in nearly double the number of playoff games, have almost as many playoff wins as the Canucks have appearances, 2 Cups to none, half as many no shows to the playoffs, and nearly twice as many division titles speaks for itself.

Just remember, an 0-2 record in the finals is still worse than 2-6. So trying to say it's painful and it sucks because my team can't win it all, there's an expression that I'm sure you're familiar with:

Pot: Kettle, you're black.

Maybe you see the irony after rereading your post.

The one and only thing you have is those worthless President's trophies.

Holy Mackinaw Batman, what have certain people said about living in the past again?

Canucks should be good for another show in the finals. Twice in two years ain't bad. But sure, anything can happen. Rinne is a damn scary goalie IMO (but fun as hell to watch). Either way though, you'd have to be delusional to expect to see the Flyers in the finals - sure, they may very well get past the Pens (will undoubtedly be a rough but entertaining series that will probably destroy either team too much to go any further), but if you wanna look at their season series to make predictions, then you also have to believe that at least the Rags will stop them.

As for Vancouver, I'm pretty sure they've learned a little from their last failure (though the finals is hardly a failure) and should be more prepared for the toughness necessary to win. I don't think they'll be seeing the Bruins again anyways (or the Flyers, for obvious reasons), so they're not going to have to deal with all those goons (and dirty playing) again.

Back