Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post had nothing to do with the game but everything to do with outright Crosby hate. He's a whiner but he's also the best in the game and even his biggest rivals will admit he's the best right now.
He's been a whiner since Juniors.

Yes, and he's been a diver forever too. This is his latest example and it cost him big. Maybe he'll learn a lesson about better sportsmanship and not pulling dives all the time. I get that you're a Pens fan and that he's your golden boy, I was once a Roenick fan, but he put himself in a bad spot and a lot of his fans jumped to conclusions. And still are.

Each to their own opinion. This was far from a divee. Any moron watching that video can see that. And embellishment is rampant throughout the league anyways. Again, just more focused sid hate.

I've watched it a few times, and don't think it's a dive. Ovi took out Sid's left foot. That's what put him off balance.

That said, it is a shame that Sid flops so often. Guy has too much talent for that nonsense. Drives me nuts here in Toronto when Kadri does it too. Guys scores 30 goals while being used mostly as a shutdown center, and will still occasionally go down like he was shot at the slightest tap.

They should do video reviews of all penalties (they usially go to commercial anyways. They have time). Penalize the embelishers, if its obvious. Itll stop quick. Embelishment and dives are a part of the game because they can get away with it. Bonino knew that ref was behind him.

As long as "diving" is referred to as "selling it" it ain't gonna stop.

I'm out of country and haven't watched anything beyond the first game of the series (and I'm glad because it'd be heartbreak) and haven't seen the hit in question, but definitely wouldn't put it past Crosby to *ahem* sell it.

It's a problem in many sports. Only if embellishment/diving/"selling the penalty" is not just given minor penalties but severe ones up to and including suspension is it gonna go away. At least in football/soccer embellishment can carry a yellow card and enough yellows can warrant a suspension but rarely is it called/carded.

They should do video reviews of all penalties (they usially go to commercial anyways. They have time). Penalize the embelishers, if its obvious. Itll stop quick. Embelishment and dives are a part of the game because they can get away with it. Bonino knew that ref was behind him.

Holy crap, no! Already to much time wasted on offsides calls.

Holy crap, no! Already to much time wasted on offsides calls.

I hear you on that front but think about how different Game 4 could have been if instead of Oshie getting called for a high stick, they reviewed and called Bonino for diving? Maybe nothing changes but maybe it's a different outcome and probably the more fair outcome imo.

Saw the first two periods between flight legs. Missed the 3rd down a goal and worried at 50k feet. Pleasant surprise upon landing. Grind it out in 7 I hope.

I get the impression that Draisaitl is interested in playing more hockey after tonight.

Welp pretty safe to say at this point Caps/Pens goes to 7.

Pens goal notwithstanding.

Hell of a lot of momentum to carry into a game 7 at home.

Let's Go Caps!

I don't recall. I heard it while driving downstate. Apparently he claims to have predicted all of the Stanley Cup Champs. I rather doubt it, but that's what he said. I don't care for him or his style but I was interested in hearing some NHL news, so I stopped while scanning.

I don't recall. I heard it while driving downstate. Apparently he claims to have predicted all of the Stanley Cup Champs. I rather doubt it, but that's what he said. I don't care for him or his style but I was interested in hearing some NHL news, so I stopped while scanning.

Looks like he "jokes" about never getting them wrong.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1904477

In one of my brackets I actually did pick the Caps to go all the way. I had the Hawks in my other two but wanted to pick a team from the east that wasn't the Penguins.

Looks like he "jokes" about never getting them wrong.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1904477

In one of my brackets I actually did pick the Caps to go all the way. I had the Hawks in my other two but wanted to pick a team from the east that wasn't the Penguins.

Ah! I see. I don't' listen to him, so I didn't' catch the joke. I thought he had some kind of miracle streak going. I really didn't even know he did hockey stuff.

Ah! I see. I don't' listen to him, so I didn't' catch the joke. I thought he had some kind of miracle streak going. I really didn't even know he did hockey stuff.

As far as I know he's a pretty big hockey fan, but I haven't listened to him in years. He use to be on the radio station I listen to on the way to work in the morning and then Jay Mohr took over his time slot. Now I listen to Dan Patrick. I'd listen to Rome's show because he was one of the few that regularly discussed hockey and MMA but he'd wear on me because of his mannerisms. Some guy on another forum sums it up perfectly.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/386656-jim-rome-is-completely-unlistenable/

Shuffle papers so they can be heard on the air

Awkward silence

Say something that might have been funny in the high school locker room and laugh at your own joke.

Repeat above joke 10-12 times and tell everyone how hilarious it is.

shuffle some more papers

more awkward silence

Take a call from a "clone" who thinks they are being witty and funny by insulting another "clone".

Say "rack him!" after the call for whatever reason.

shuffle some more papers

more awkward silence

Give a mediocre interview to an athlete.

Say "great interview!" about 4-5 times after the interview to boost your ego.

shuffle some more papers

more awkward silence

Yeah, that doesn't sound like my kind of show. I'd like a show that gives sports news and scores for all the major sports with some discussion on certain topics that may be relevant, and gives some interviews. I don't go for the frat boy insult stuff much.

Just his way of speaking is off-putting to me. I knew it was Rome when I tuned in, but I was too curious to change the channel until I heard some updates on the playoffs.

That's another reason I prefer listening to Dan Patrick. They goof off but he's much more measured in his analysis than people like Rome. I just wish they'd talk about hockey; mostly it's basketball, baseball, football, and more basketball.

Am I the only person who can't stand Milbury or Jones?

Pierre McDouche wears on me as well.

I don't mind Jones, he seems pretty straight forward. As for Milbury, I can remember when he was on with Melrose about 20 some years ago and Milbury was seen as the more thoughtful of the two; now he's a cantankerous, hateful old fart who seems to have forgotten his hockey-playing career highlights.

McGuire is just annoying. I can't really say why I find him annoying, but I do. Maybe because his real first name is Regis but he uses his middle name because "c'est hockey sur glace, mon ami!"

Mike Dingleberry wishes the league was back in the 70s with Broad Street Bullies rules. Pierre I'm actually able to completely, subconsciously, tune out.

I wish I could remember who it was, but I was watching a game at some point and heard the following:

"The puck is carried out of the zone by Roman Polak, who's name is a combination of an ancient empire, and a racial slur."

Dafuq?

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

18582442_1734044836624892_4087021924347816405_n.jpg

Back