Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the game. No regrets. Goal 3 was a major f-up, but meh all that ends well - is well.

I envy you. I did my best to keep up on the radio for a while. Tuned in for the last 10 min of the 3rd period. Sounds like it was an all around awesome game.

Awesome bringing TR to TKT to an unrelated thread. Cut it out on both sides. i don't wanna lose "my room" and I'm sure the TKT fols feel the shame.

You need an excellent play by play man for radio. Those guys are few and far between.

Dan Kelly RIP

Are you kidding? Mishkin is awesome on the radio. His partner is not a good broadcaster but has a great hockey pedigree. Esposito I think his name is. You may have heard of him.
I brewed Saturday afternoon with the game on the radio and ducked inside about 5 or so times for highlights. Fantastic comeback a$$ whipping.
This team is not going to go quietly. GO BOLTS!!!

BallardDestroysMcGinnFINAL.gif

Yeah, I have a crappy wireless connection so it's wreaking havoc on me too. I can't take credit for it though, I saw it in the comments on of the Canuck Blogs and just had to post it here. Seeing that perfect cartwheel in slow-mo is priceless.

There's a good one of Tiger Williams too, I think I'll keep that one on deck. Now it's all about Game 5.

Too much passing looking for the pretty goal. SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK!!!!
Sink or swim tomorrow. GO BOLTS!!

Goin' to the cup, WHOOOOO!!!!!

also, I agree, a crappy way to be eliminated, but as the guys going on, I'll take it!

Wht a crap goal by Vancouver.

So what happens in SJ? Does the team get blown up this summer? How do the fans react to another playoff loss in a promising season?

Not sure what will happen in SJ. I know at least 2 off their fans that aren't so happy.

They did however, play quite well in the series. Were if not for Luongo, the Canucks would be booking tee times.

SJ needs to move Heatley if he will leave. Never liked the guy after the Ottawa crud he pulled. I would really like to see one owner grow a set and just bench a guy for the whole season for pulling stuff like that. People were making jokes of the Sedins being soft come playoffs, where did Danny disapear to? It looked like he had tee times booked before playoff started, and it was only the rest of the team that kept him from playing. Joe needs someone to play with, easy to take him out of the game when he is alone out there and all you have to do is run him, and his playing style will not let him back down from that. Either you loose a guy or they loose there best player.

I really don't care, as my Canucks are going on, and I don't see either of the eastern teams putting up a fight in the finals, the best games have all come from the west so far.

I actually feel bad for SJ for losing on that goal. I know overtime hockey has some freaky puck bounces, but that was ridiculous.

Vancouver looks good though, I think they have to be the favorite whether they play the Bruins or Lightning.

+1 on Heatley complete disappearing in the playoffs. Joe Thornton has worked hard to shake off the "playoff bust" label, but he has passed it off right to Heatley. Can't see SJ being able to deal him for anyone of value given his contract.

I really don't care, as my Canucks are going on, and I don't see either of the eastern teams putting up a fight in the finals, the best games have all come from the west so far.

Have you watched any of the East games? The biggest advantage Vancouver will have is the extra off days, and if Boston wins tonight (they won't) it's only an extra day. Good luck to Vancouver but nobody gets this far without having the goods to take it all. GO BOLTS!!!

SJ needs to move Heatley if he will leave. Never liked the guy after the Ottawa crud he pulled. I would really like to see one owner grow a set and just bench a guy for the whole season for pulling stuff like that. People were making jokes of the Sedins being soft come playoffs, where did Danny disapear to? It looked like he had tee times booked before playoff started, and it was only the rest of the team that kept him from playing. Joe needs someone to play with, easy to take him out of the game when he is alone out there and all you have to do is run him, and his playing style will not let him back down from that. Either you loose a guy or they loose there best player.

Well, last year the Sharts scapegoated Nabokov... The real problem was using him 71 or so times in the (largely meaningless) regular season. This year, I'm not sure who they'll scapegoat. I'm thinking perhaps Marleau, but maybe not because he did actually score a few goals in the last handful of games. Yes, Dany was non-existent this year, but that's nothing new-- he has something like 5 goals in 20 games for the Sharts.

My thought-- I don't care how well he may have played this year, but Joe Thornton isn't a leader. He's a whiny little biotch, and the sooner that San Jose figures this out (how long did it take Boston to do the same), the better off they'll be.

Bruins will win tonight, then win the cup in six.

I don't think Thornton is the problem. There's nothing wrong with your team if you make the conference finals. You can ask what's wrong with teams like the Caps, but I think SJ has proven they have a solid team. It's just about having the players to finish it out this time of year. As far as that goes, I think it is right to put some blame on Heatley. I'm def. not a big fan of him. Heatley is the only "star" player on the team without double digit point in the playoffs.

Thornton, Boyle, Clowe, Couture, Marleau, Setoguchi, Pavelski...those guys played pretty well at times in the playoffs. I don't think you can fault any of them. But you can't say Heatley not producing will sink a team.

I'm not exactly sure why it hasn't worked out for the sharks...but playing the Canucks in the conference finals seems like it would have something to do with it.

lurker18 said:

East's game 2 was insane.

Thomas has been spectacular during this series, and I hope he's not being too hard on himself in the locker room. Pull it together, Boston! Let's put TB away!

I don't think Thornton is the problem. There's nothing wrong with your team if you make the conference finals. You can ask what's wrong with teams like the Caps, but I think SJ has proven they have a solid team. It's just about having the players to finish it out this time of year. As far as that goes, I think it is right to put some blame on Heatley. I'm def. not a big fan of him. Heatley is the only "star" player on the team without double digit point in the playoffs.

Thornton, Boyle, Clowe, Couture, Marleau, Setoguchi, Pavelski...those guys played pretty well at times in the playoffs. I don't think you can fault any of them. But you can't say Heatley not producing will sink a team.

I'm not exactly sure why it hasn't worked out for the sharks...but playing the Canucks in the conference finals seems like it would have something to do with it.

I didn't say there was something wrong with Thornton-- I just said he's not a leader. He actually played two ways this year in the playoffs.

As much as some of these guys played well in the playoffs, they didn't do it consistently. Marleau in particular; his weak defense cost the Sharts a couple games in the playoffs. Clowe is just a *********. Setoguchi was a non-factor in most of the playoffs. Pavelski was OK, but nothing spectacular.

I think their problem is self-confidence and self-doubt. There always comes a point in the playoffs, year after year, where they end up getting tense, losing a game or two, and then the wheels fall off. This happened in the Detroit series-- It took one loss, and then they started doubting themselves, which led to two more losses. They ended up winning the series, but it cost them in the end, as they had nothing to throw at Vancouver.

I'm not a Sharts fan (far from it; I actively root against them), but I find it disgusting how they ran Nabby out of town last year, as if the loss to Chicago was his fault. That's classless. He's a quality goalie, but not when he's expected to play 90+ times a season.

Back