Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boston is rockin' lately. Nice OT win tonight on a breakaway by Lucic.:rockin:

(Tough switching from the Red Sox euphoria and moving on, but I'm givin' it my best shot ;) )

Cheers!

I was going to steer clear fo the Kadri thing altogether. But I think the 3 game suspension was pretty fair, 2 would have been fine too.

I don't Kadri meant it to be as bad as it ended up. But watching the back of Backstrom's head bouncing on the ice was not fun to watch, and I'm sure a lot worse if you were actually wearing the mask.

I'm fine with a physical game, which it was. Not so keen on running over goalies in the crease.

More consolation points for the wings

and the Wild...and Philly...and apparently, anyone who plays the Jets lately. It would be nice to see Wpg finish a game in 60 minutes.

Of course, it's still a point less than the other guys have been bringing home from those shootouts.

Just-a-sip said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha preds just destroyed the beloved Blackhawks how awesome is
that.

Enjoy it because it doesn't matter. I hope the basement isn't too cold :)

If anyone would have told me, circa 1998, I'd one day be sitting on a Sunday night watching the Winnipeg Jets at Minnesota, I would have thought they were crazy.

It's still good to be back!!! Go Jets Go!

Wings are 1 pointing themselves steady in the standings.

WTF is going on here??

Personally I think the league should consider a 10 minute 4-4 OT and drop the shootout.

It could very well turn out to bite them in the ass though. The race will be tight and having a low number of ROW could very well be the deciding factor as to whether or not they get to play in the playoffs.

Don't know if I need to say it again, but Kessel is a beast. Missed practice yesterday with flu, looked like absolute **** tonight, and still outskates everyone and pots two nice goals. But why does such an explosively quick guy have such a fat face??

And whoever said picking up Mason Raymond was a mistake... idiot. At $1M he is looking like possibly the best deal in the league right now. If Toronto can pick up a quick top center I'd even possibly like to see him on Kessel's line because there really aren't a whole lot of players who could keep up with a line like that.

Don't know if I need to say it again, but Kessel is a beast. Missed practice yesterday with flu, looked like absolute **** tonight, and still outskates everyone and pots two nice goals. But why does such an explosively quick guy have such a fat face??

And whoever said picking up Mason Raymond was a mistake... idiot. At $1M he is looking like possibly the best deal in the league right now. If Toronto can pick up a quick top center I'd even possibly like to see him on Kessel's line because there really aren't a whole lot of players who could keep up with a line like that.

Lupul not scoring? No problem, he'll just be a playmaker!

Kessel is amazing. Puts the advanced-stats cheerleaders to shame. There is a massive difference in quality between a Kessel shot and one from Raymond.

What a player. One of the best in the world. We shall remind everyone after every game in which he displays his awesomeness.

Also - he hasn't missed a game in 3 seasons, plus this one so far. Not to shabby for a "soft" player, eh? EH????

I would like to take a moment to point out to all who say the west doesnt matter that the top team in the east ( boston 29pts) would be in 9th place in the west

I would like to take a moment to point out to all who say the west doesnt matter that the top team in the east ( boston 29pts) would be in 9th place in the west

We've admitted the West is stronger this year. In fact, the very post above yours implies it.

They still don't matter.

Tough day to be an Ottawa fan. Old fart returns to town and scores on you, you got problems. Sparing no expense, the Wild even replaced the tennis balls on the old man's walker.

Heatley.jpg

There are only 2 Western Conference teams that don't have winning records against the East; the Nashville Preds (5-5) and the Edmonton PerfectRebuilds (6-10)

Looking the other way, only Toronto, Tampa and Pittsburgh have winning records against the West.

Meanwhile, back on the Right Coast...Pittsburg ties Boston with .2 seconds remaining in regulation. I had no idea the league even had those fancy clock-synchronized goal-cams, dammit.

B's did take the extra point fairly swiftly in the 4-on-4, so that's something...

Cheers!

Yeah, B's got spanked by Detroit, no doubt about it. Complete opposite from their first meeting this season.
Boston came out flat and stayed that way, while the 'Wings were flying pretty much all night...

Cheers!

Back