Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, the Pens are locking up LeTang with an 8 year contract.

lol_face-s736x736-65809.gif

Horton isn't quite gone yet, he's there for the taking.
Bring lots o' money...

Cheers!

I say let the man go, he's paid his dues. He wants a fresh start for whatever reason, he doesn't want to be in Boston, buying him won't change that.

Boston sports have a tendency to try to keep players longer than the players want to stay. Manny for example, he stopped wanting to be there ages before we stopped wanting him, and it showed.

I may have missed the whole "doesn't want to be in Boston" thing. What did you read? Just because someone decides to test free agency (which pretty nearly anyone who has actual talent does these days) isn't in itself a declaration of unhappiness...

Cheers!

I may have missed the whole "doesn't want to be in Boston" thing. What did you read? Just because someone decides to test free agency (which pretty nearly anyone who has actual talent does these days) isn't in itself a declaration of unhappiness...

Cheers!

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=18792

Doesn't say he doesn't WANT to be there directly, but it says that he wants a fresh start, basically he and his agents aren't really willing to deal with the Bruins.

And I dont think he is necessarily unhappy either. I just think he wants to go be some teams god, rather than be a spoke in the wheel. Can't blame him for wanting to show off some, Boston isn't the place for that though

Thanks for the link. Could be telling, but there wasn't much substance there.
We'll see - it sure would be nice to keep that line intact...

Cheers!

Horton, jagr and ference gone. Good chance they are trading off seguin. Hopefully vinny decides to come to Boston, we need someone who can fill hortys shoes.

They should just give Seguin to Toronto. Maybe for a 7th round draft pick.

I say let the man go, he's paid his dues. He wants a fresh start for whatever reason, he doesn't want to be in Boston, buying him won't change that.

Boston sports have a tendency to try to keep players longer than the players want to stay. Manny for example, he stopped wanting to be there ages before we stopped wanting him, and it showed.

Horton is far more instrumental than even his stats make him seem. He really does seriously improve anyone who plays with him. I can almost guarantee that the production of Krejci and Lucic will be significantly hurt by his departure. With regards to value, I really think Horton is the one player who Boston would be stupid to let go without trying really hard to keep him.

They should just give Seguin to Toronto. Maybe for a 7th round draft pick.

Horton is far more instrumental than even his stats make him seem. He really does seriously improve anyone who plays with him. I can almost guarantee that the production of Krejci and Lucic will be significantly hurt by his departure. With regards to value, I really think Horton is the one player who Boston would be stupid to let go without trying really hard to keep him.

I say good riddance to Seguin too. He had potential to be one of the most instrumental players on the team. But winning the cup at 19 might have done his head too much harm, he thinks he's better than he is, and being unwilling to crash into the corners and skate hard all game. See ya, we don't need egos. If they were smart they would ditch Seguin off to Detroit for gustav nyquist (their rookie of the year), same speed, explosive off the line, great shot, but his ego is young, and it would free up some cap room.

I agree that Horton is instrumental, likely our MVP. But I also think krejci makes Horton a better shooter. Krejci is the unsung hero of that team, his phenomenal passes, getting deep into the scoring zone and making things happen. The Bruins can't play without krejci, they won a cup without Horton.

I will miss him if and when he goes, but I will enjoy watching him play wherever he plays because let's be honest he will score more goals with a team that isn't as well rounded.

The leafs are looking better and better next year.

Indeed. I don't think a conference finals appearance next year is unreasonable to hope for. Hopefully they learned from their playoff experience this year.

The most interesting trade IMO is Cory Schneider to the Devils. That should settle a LOT of questions and ridiculous rumors.

Yeah, that sucks. I liked how Bolland played. Thought he was safe and Stalberg and either Kruger or Bollig (or maybe Hayes) would be on the chopping block.

The leafs are looking better and better next year. Bolland will fit in there.

I'm gonna miss The Rat. You guys in Toronto who haven't seen him play much are in for a treat. He was one of my favorite guys to watch the last ~6 years or so. It's not so much in his production numbers as it is the way he gets under everyone's skin. :D

Oh, and I was at my aunt and uncle's yesterday to drop something off. As I'm about to leave my uncle goes "you sure you don't have 17 seconds to spare?" :D Love me some DVR.

I do not see Detroit getting rid of Nyquist anytime soon.

I think they would deal for someone like Seguin. But I do not think that Boston will pursue a trade for nyquist. He is certainly going to be a lot of fun to watch in the next few years though the kid can light it up.

day_trippr said:

Cheers!

That was just a thought. There is a ton of spotlight in Boston and maybe he doesn't want that. It's ok, no big deal.

I did hear his family really liked Florida so who knows.

I just read that the lightning will pay vinny lecaviler 32mil over the next 14 years to get rid of him. Wow!!!

swap for Kessel

Seguin for Kessel right now would be a complete joke of a deal.

One player has progressed and gotten better at the things he was accused of sucking at, including learning to play the much-touted "200 foot" game, and is dangerous each and every shift. The other went and got a tattoo of his own name on his arm.

seguin.jpg

Looks good to me! Nobody will be watching that crappy team sink to the bottom of the standings this season anyway.

What's up with Philly? No goalie, no D, and they add Vinny to go over the cap? It's like.... they're just stupid.

In fact the list of ******* GMs is growing rapidly.

Philly's just fine.

Vinny is replacing Briere at 2 million less, will play 2C, so that couturier isn't forced into that role.

Schenn is moving to wing.

The flyers have 14 forwards, 9 D, and 1 Goalie signed.

One of Coburn, Meszaros, or Grossmann are on their way out. Which all have between 3.5-4.5 cap hits.

We also still will be moving pronged to LTIR which is 5 mil more in cap space.

So yeah, we're just fine.

Philly's just fine.

Vinny is replacing Briere at 2 million less, will play 2C, so that couturier isn't forced into that role.

Schenn is moving to wing.

The flyers have 14 forwards, 9 D, and 1 Goalie signed.

One of Coburn, Meszaros, or Grossmann are on their way out. Which all have between 3.5-4.5 cap hits.

We also still will be moving pronged to LTIR which is 5 mil more in cap space.

So yeah, we're just fine.

And thus marks the first time in NHL history where a team being backstopped by Steve Mason - and nobody else - is declared "just fine". An important date in history.

All trash-talk aside: Whos' left on the goalie market? Who would you like to see in a Flyers jersey in October?

Hahahaha. We're back to the Philly team we all know and love. Tons of Forward depth, Questionable D and ... oh wait we need a goalie.

I honestly, don't really even know. The only names i've heard tossed around to Philly are Thomas, Emery, or Halak.

I'd prefer Thomas or Emery, i guess. Since we wouldn't have to give up any assets.

But if if we could swing Coburn + for Halak, i wouldn't complain. But i don't think St. Louis is really in need of D-men.

I've said it before, It's never boring being a Flyers fan. They certainly make me scratch my head in confusion at times, but they're never shy in doing 'something' to improve the team.

Hahahaha. We're back to the Philly team we all know and love. Tons of Forward depth, Questionable D and ... oh wait we need a goalie.

I honestly, don't really even know. The only names i've heard tossed around to Philly are Thomas, Emery, or Halak.

I'd prefer Thomas or Emery, i guess. Since we wouldn't have to give up any assets.

But if if we could swing Coburn + for Halak, i wouldn't complain. But i don't think St. Louis is really in need of D-men.

I've said it before, It's never boring being a Flyers fan. They certainly make me scratch my head in confusion at times, but they're never shy in doing 'something' to improve the team.

You don't want Thomas if your D is going to be shaky. He scared the hell out of me when he was at his best, don't get me wrong he played unreal for Boston in the playoffs, but I don't know as though I'd sign him to an AHL team anymore.

Ahh Emery. What a nice tale of a rebuilt career. Good for him. 7 years x $5M from Holmgren sounds about right.

Seguin for Kessel right now would be a complete joke of a deal.

One player has progressed and gotten better at the things he was accused of sucking at, including learning to play the much-touted "200 foot" game, and is dangerous each and every shift. The other went and got a tattoo of his own name on his arm.

seguin.jpg

...aaaand, he's gone.

Guess he's not so amazing after all.

Glad to have Emery back. Liked him when he was here, things may have ended differently in 2010 had he not developed the dead hip.

I can't believe Alfie didn't go back to Ott.

Is there a date (year) which the clubs have to use their buyouts by or forfeit them ?

Like they have to be used in the next 5 years or something ?

Is there a date (year) which the clubs have to use their buyouts by or forfeit them ?

Like they have to be used in the next 5 years or something ?

There are two windows - one was just this past week and ended yesterday at 5pm. The next one is summer 2014, after the draft and before UFA day. Teams can use 0, 1, or 2 compliance buyouts in any of the windows, to a maximum of 2.

That's how I understand it.

I haven't bought a jersey in years, but I told myself a couple months ago that if Bozak signs back with the Leafs for next season, I'll be getting his jersey.

Well, the Hawks have given up Stalberg, Emery, Frolik and Bolland so far. Hopefully Kruger can stay. The defense have all resigned, though. Good news. Just need to hope Hammer will resign at the end of next year.

Back