Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah yeah, I'm sure both of you guys were at every game when the inside of the United Center almost had as many fans as a Thrashers game.

Not quite, my dad was a season ticket holder at the old stadium, so I'd say we'd hit about half of the home games every year. Still though, I'm just a fairweather fan, it's why I've pulled for the Cubs and the Hawks my whole life.

HawkBrewer, I think my first game was actually the 82-83 season, though I'd have to ask my pops for sure. I was like 5 so the memories are fuzzy.

I'd make it to at least 5-10 games a year since 2008.

Isn't 2008 right about the time when the Hawks started winning...and selling out the United Center?

I thought only us California fans are bandwagoners.:)

Isn't 2008 right about the time when the Hawks started winning...and selling out the United Center?

They had a decline in attendance after the strike in the mid 90's and yeah, it wasn't til the mid 2000's that the seats were full again. Back in the day, 80's and 90's, especially in the old house, those seats were packed and the place was shaking.

They had a decline in attendance after the strike in the mid 90's and yeah, it wasn't til the mid 2000's that the seats were full again. Back in the day, 80's and 90's, especially in the old house, those seats were packed and the place was shaking.

I know. I was just giving HawksBrewer some ****. To be honest I was glad to see Wirtz kick the bucket and the Hawks rise to relevance (and now dominance) again. It doesn't do the league any good to have an Original Six franchise eating **** every year.

But Jonathan Toews is still overrated.

not really enough of you guys for a bandwagon, more like tandem bicycle

True 'dat. I met a bunch of friends for a Ducks/Sharks playoff game down in Anahiem in 2009. You could still get tickets at the door. Unreal.

Ha! It was the actually right after I moved back to Chicago after finishing my undergrad at U of Iowa, and after my first two years at Rush completing my doctorate. Also the year my BIL got season tickets making free tickets readily available.

not really enough of you guys for a bandwagon, more like tandem bicycle

bwahahahaha

I know. I was just giving HawksBrewer some ****.

I know, it's the whole point of this thread.

HawkBrewer, I think my first game was actually the 82-83 season, though I'd have to ask my pops for sure. I was like 5 so the memories are fuzzy.

Yeah, I don't think I made it to my first game until I was 6 or so. Brings back memories of games at Chicago Stadium, Comiskey and the Old Soldier Field. Good times!

Toews' skills are a tad over rated, though the kid can skate and has great hockey sense. I think his main value to the team is his leadership. He's levelheaded (though not above losing his cookies) and the guys seem to get in line behind him. I do have to say I'm a little disappointed in his postseason production, period, but he's still an important aspect of how the Hawks play.

Hoss and Sharpie, Bickell too, are where the Hawks are at in the PO's. Crawford and Hjalmarsson too, this season. Dude's have been phenomenal.

True 'dat. I met a bunch of friends for a Ducks/Sharks playoff game down in Anahiem in 2009. You could still get tickets at the door. Unreal.

this just blew my mind, I was actually dumb struck, did not know what to say at first. after the lockout end here the Oilers held an open practice for the fans to come free of charge.... Tuesday morning at 11 o'clock you had 5000 people come just to watch a practice, when Taylor Hall was drafted you had 3000 people show up for a welcome to the team barbecue on a Friday morning

I agree that Toews is overrated, but not as much as Patrick Kane.

Speaking of. I absolutely can't wait to see which idiot GM gives Bryan Bickell $5.5 million next year. He's this years Fernando Pisani, or Sean Bergenheim.

Speaking of. I absolutely can't wait to see which idiot GM gives Bryan Bickell $5.5 million next year. He's this years Fernando Pisani, or Sean Bergenheim.

Our Idiot ex-general manager gave Shawn Horcoff 5.5 million a year , I mean ,seriously, how in the fcuk do you get injured in the All Star Game???

Extra chromosome?

Okay. Game over. Everyone go home for the day. Paulster wins.

Holy **** that was funny.

this just blew my mind, I was actually dumb struck, did not know what to say at first.

It was pretty lame. The (few) true fans down there are great, don't get me wrong...but it's LA. It's a different world. Unless it's the Lakers, no one down there cares.

How much were the tickets? Here in Edmonton for a regular season game you'll pay about $100 for a cheap seat, and you will not be able to walk up and buy them on game today

How much were the tickets? Here in Edmonton for a regular season game you'll pay about $100 for a cheap seat.

Don't know...I already had my ticket.

I've sat in the cheap seats at both the Kings and Ducks arenas and was able to get tickets for a little under $30 each. This was a few years ago though. I'd bet the Kings have raised prices since then;)

was looking into tickets for tonights Bruins game, was going to try and make the trek up from CT (it's only a trek because of the GF's work and having the pup to look after)

after seeing they were $300 a seat for nosebleeds i figured i'd rather watch it next to my kegerator on my big 240hz samsung tv and celebrate the way i want.

the year they won the cup i was at 3-4vs philly and game 7 vs tampa bay ($540/seat) but that's when i had some extra money and i wasnt trying to buy a house...

not to mention im not 100% they are going to close tonight, i'm hopeful, but sweeping the penguins just sounds surreal.

This is my buddy Bauer, and at 10 months, he's smart enough to know he's a Bruins fan. (My girl has pics somewhere him sitting infront of me next to the couch deadlocked on the game... )

Bauer.jpg

I went to the WCF in 2004, Sharks/Flames tickets were close to $300 a pop. Those were the days, before kids, when you could pick up and leave on a weekday afternoon to go to a game that cost hundreds of dollars.

yessir, he's now big enough that his neck isn't going to triple in size over night, the oak barrel collar will be on order in the next week or so

Those were the days, before kids, when you could pick up and leave on a weekday afternoon to go to a game that cost hundreds of dollars.

This. Except my tickets were always free. :D All it cost me was a couple rounds of beer...

This. Except my tickets were always free. :D All it cost me was a couple rounds of beer...

which at some arenas, and depending on who you go with, can be more than what the ticket costs :tank:

i'm going to try and make it to one of the next round game's if possible. if it's early enough in the series it might be doable for a half decent price

Ain't that the truth. $100 worth of Bud products.

I remember reading a comment on the internet when Westy 12 was released and everyone was bitching about the cost...one voice of reason pointed out that you'll pay the same dollar amount for six beers at Yankee Stadium. Except that it'll be Bud Light.

Some arenas are getting better. Not with pricing, but quality. I was at Sharks/Kings game 6, and we had Lagunitas IPA on tap at the vendor right outside of our section. Line was ridiculous, but I guess that's gonna happen.

I remember reading a comment on the internet when Westy 12 was released and everyone was bitching about the cost...one voice of reason pointed out that you'll pay the same dollar amount for six beers at Yankee Stadium. Except that it'll be Bud Light.

Some arenas are getting better. Not with pricing, but quality. I was at Sharks/Kings game 6, and we had Lagunitas IPA on tap at the vendor right outside of our section. Line was ridiculous, but I guess that's gonna happen.

Yeah, on level 3 the Hawks have a nice beer bar w/ *decent* beers, don't remember exactly what. No way in hell I'm paying $10/beer though, bud select for $6 or whatever it is, is bad enough.

So I heard the bruins got a new master of custodial arts. His name is Owen and he's great with a broom

yeah i was a little brick ****faced when i wrote that last night... i just don't like getting hyped and thinking its over before its over... i wont do any **** talking prior to or during a game... another one of those little superstitions

WTF is the point of talking trash AFTER the fact? Have some balls, man.

As these teams progress through their Stanley Cup mission, I would like to say that I approve of and further encourage the increasing levels of smug arrogance you are all exhibiting. Keep up the good work!

It's just a shame that it took so long to finally show up.

I know. I was just giving HawksBrewer some ****. To be honest I was glad to see Wirtz kick the bucket and the Hawks rise to relevance (and now dominance) again. It doesn't do the league any good to have an Original Six franchise eating **** every year.

But Jonathan Toews is still overrated.

Man... what sucks about being a Leafs fan the most (even moreso than being a fan of a team that is terrible, especially now that they don't totally suck) is the utter ridiculousness of tickets, in terms of both price AND availability.

How much were the tickets? Here in Edmonton for a regular season game you'll pay about $100 for a cheap seat, and you will not be able to walk up and buy them on game today

Pffft, Edmonton (as far as I can tell) has the LOWEST average ticket price among Canadian teams, and even a handful of American teams.

ArcticBear said:
was looking into tickets for tonights Bruins game, was going to try and make the trek up from CT (it's only a trek because of the GF's work and having the pup to look after)

after seeing they were $300 a seat for nosebleeds i figured i'd rather watch it next to my kegerator on my big 240hz samsung tv and celebrate the way i want.

the year they won the cup i was at 3-4vs philly and game 7 vs tampa bay ($540/seat) but that's when i had some extra money and i wasnt trying to buy a house...

not to mention im not 100% they are going to close tonight, i'm hopeful, but sweeping the penguins just sounds surreal.

This is my buddy Bauer, and at 10 months, he's smart enough to know he's a Bruins fan. (My girl has pics somewhere him sitting infront of me next to the couch deadlocked on the game... )

My buddy had tickets for the bruins tonight for $245. I went to the rangers series and paid $160... On game is enough especially when I lost in credit card roulette!!

My buddy had tickets for the bruins tonight for $245. I went to the rangers series and paid $160... On game is enough especially when I lost in credit card roulette!!

Are those prices supposed to be high for the playoffs? Man, I would pay that in a heartbeat.

HawksBrewer said:
Yeah, on level 3 the Hawks have a nice beer bar w/ *decent* beers, don't remember exactly what. No way in hell I'm paying $10/beer though, bud select for $6 or whatever it is, is bad enough.

At the Boston garden at section 321 I had laguintas IPA, dales pale ale and whales tale pale ale all on tap...right spot for sure

emjay said:
Are those prices supposed to be high for the playoffs? Man, I would pay that in a heartbeat.

The seats were nosebleeds...I say they are high but its a playoff game so you pay a premium...

Goofynewfie said:
Go to a playoff game at the ACC, I think they have the highest prices in the league. Tickets, beer and food can easily be a few grand for cheap seats

They have what, one team in town? And have made the playoffs once the last 10 yrs....it's a lot different in Boston then Toronto. And whoever pays that much to yell, scream, wait in line to pee is nuts. Haha. I know hockey is huge up in Canada....but still

They have what, one team in town? And have made the playoffs once the last 10 yrs....it's a lot different in Boston then Toronto. And whoever pays that much to yell, scream, wait in line to pee is nuts. Haha. I know hockey is huge up in Canada....but still

No, they have MLB, NBA, CFL and NFL (bills play some home games) in toronto.... Even won a few world series.
There are also many minor teams in multiple sports leagues

Back