Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, one can imagine the Pittsburg tires got flattened by this. Writing on the wall and all that, it's over, they know it, it's just a matter of how many off days the Bruins will mark to heal up for the finals...

Cheers!

shut_your_whore_mouth_trollcat.jpg

you don't call the no no A-hole... what happened 3 years ago when we were up 3-0 on philly (pitts a much better team now than the flyers were that year)

you don't say that **** or celebrate until the buzzer from the end of the 3rd period with a win is over. and not even if they are up in the fourth game (don't be so easy to forget the bs they had to overcome with the leafs being up so much in game 7, it took a miracle to overcome that)

^ Oh please, grow a pair fer chrissakes! ;)

That's old news, the team crashed right through that wall to take home The Cup since then, and - let's be current for a second - they've gone through the fire already with that seventh game against Toronto. Everything since has been small ball.

If I was Chicago I'd be wondering if it's worth it about now...

Cheers! :mug:

That's old news, the team crashed right through that wall to take home The Cup since then, and - let's be current for a second - they've gone through the fire already with that seventh game against Toronto. Everything since has been small ball.

Yep. Which clearly means that Toronto is Finals-material :D

If there's a Purple Heart in hockey, Campbell should get one. I can't remember seeing anything like that - at least go on that long - as that power play sequence after he took the shot on the leg. Hope he's ready for game four...

Cheers!

If there's a Purple Heart in hockey, Campbell should get one. I can't remember seeing anything like that - at least go on that long - as that power play sequence after he took the shot on the leg. Hope he's ready for game four...

Cheers!

You'd better hope Krejci is ready too.

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. Im confident the bruins will eventually pull out a W in this series, but I'm not ignorant to the fact that the pens are a good team who are underperforming at the moment.

Yes we all hate crosby, yes they are cheap and whiney, but they are a solid team, and they have yet to put together a full 60 minute effort. And rask, although i am more than confident in his abilities, has been playing amazing.

There is still a lot of hockey left, if history has taught us anything, it is that everything is far from over until its over (Confucius says...)

Im excited to be up 3-0. But I'm cautious, i want to advance and i don't want to ruin it. Im stooooopid superstitious when it comes to playoffs.

No shaving until the under neck for game day, the rest of the playoff beard goes untouched (i have a professional job so i am able to teeter the line but i have to be somewhat well kept) same 2 unwashed under shirts, same unwashed shorts, same unwashed jersey, same shoes, watch, and hat. Same pre-game salut for the anthem, pissing before the game and only every other intermission (never mid game), always a beer from my home brew with the bruins tap handle in my KCCO (Keep Calm and Chive On) pint glass...im fully engaged in it... And lets be honest, "its only weird if it doesn't work"

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. Im confident the bruins will eventually pull out a W in this series, but I'm not ignorant to the fact that the pens are a good team who are underperforming at the moment.

Yes we all hate crosby, yes they are cheap and whiney, but they are a solid team, and they have yet to put together a full 60 minute effort. And rask, although i am more than confident in his abilities, has been playing amazing.

There is still a lot of hockey left, if history has taught us anything, it is that everything is far from over until its over (Confucius says...)

Im excited to be up 3-0. But I'm cautious, i want to advance and i don't want to ruin it. Im stooooopid superstitious when it comes to playoffs.

No shaving until the under neck for game day, the rest of the playoff beard goes untouched (i have a professional job so i am able to teeter the line but i have to be somewhat well kept) same 2 unwashed under shirts, same unwashed shorts, same unwashed jersey, same shoes, watch, and hat. Same pre-game salut for the anthem, pissing before the game and only every other intermission (never mid game), always a beer from my home brew with the bruins tap handle in my KCCO (Keep Calm and Chive On) pint glass...im fully engaged in it... And lets be honest, "its only weird if it doesn't work"

Similar situation here. My under shirt is getting to the point of desperation but it hangs with my new jagr jersey unwashed. I started the playoffs wearing marchand but I changed to jagr for game 7 vs Toronto. Obviously can't wash it now.

Cheers!

Broken leg. Done for the season. Sh!tty.

Ah, ok, Professor, I see what your problem is: you thought you were posting to the "White Wine and Well Reasoned Hockey Discussion Thread, eh?".

None of us would make it in that thread anyways. Entry requirements are a monocle and a top hat.

Ah, ok, Professor, I see what your problem is: you thought you were posting to the "White Wine and Well Reasoned Hockey Discussion Thread, eh?".

You sir, have the boorish manners of a Yalie!

So. Hawks without Keith. Anybody else just a little worried?

Nope, not at all. Brookbank and Stanton are the likely 6th man replacements, with Seabs and Leddy likely on the first pairing. Leddy has been solid all year, though I'm sure the 2nd and 3rd pairings will have somewhat increased ice time to cover for Keith's absence. Looks like Seabrook will move to 1st team PP/PK with Leddy filling in the 2nd.

If the Hawks play like they did the 3rd period Tuesday night we should be fine.

yeah i was a little brick ****faced when i wrote that last night... i just don't like getting hyped and thinking its over before its over... i wont do any **** talking prior to or during a game... another one of those little superstitions

Kings are unbeatable at home. Series gets tied up tonight. I don't know who's gonna win it, but it's going 7 games.

Hey calm down people. The Hawks won by 1 goal. It was LA's first playoff loss at home in 8 straight games this year. That's fairly unbeatable.

I don't give a **** who wins. Hawks fans are a bunch of fairweather bandwagoners and LA fans don't even care enough to bandwagon. Both teams can eat a **** sandwich.

Hey calm down people. The Hawks won by 1 goal. It was LA's first playoff loss at home in 8 straight games this year. That's fairly unbeatable.

I don't give a **** who wins. Hawks fans are a bunch of fairweather bandwagoners and LA fans don't even care enough to bandwagon. Both teams can eat a **** sandwich.

Sounds like you care. Doesn't it sound like he cares everybody....:D You seem a little upset..

As these teams progress through their Stanley Cup mission, I would like to say that I approve of and further encourage the increasing levels of smug arrogance you are all exhibiting. Keep up the good work!

gold-star-congratulations.jpg

Sounds like you care. Doesn't it sound like he cares everybody.... You seem a little upset..

Eh...not really. Like I said, it doesn't matter to me. The only acceptable outcome of this series is if both teams caught syphilis and died. I'd say the same about the teams in the ECF too, but the Boston and Pittsburgh fans in here would probably lynch me. Those are some angry fans:

Well then lets sit you in front of this little .357 and see how bulletproof you are.

See?;)

Upset much? It doesn't matter if they win by 1 or 21, a win is a win. Unbeatable does not apply. If it does end up being Hawks - Bruins in the finals I think it will be one hell of a series, regardless of who wins. Hawks also proved last night that they can win without their top defenseman, which says a lot about their depth.

Hawks fans are a bunch of fairweather bandwagoners

Unlike those Cali fans who've been pulling for their team since waaaaaay back the 90's.

Sounds like you care. Doesn't it sound like he cares everybody....:D You seem a little upset..

Sure sounds like it to me, but whatta we know. Personally, I've only been pulling for the Hawks (or any Chicago team) since the late 70's. I hopped on the bandwagon as soon as I could. It's shameful, I know, but I can't help it. :D

Sure sounds like it to me, but whatta we know. Personally, I've only been pulling for the Hawks (or any Chicago team) since the late 70's. I hopped on the bandwagon as soon as I could. It's shameful, I know, but I can't help it. :D

Ha! Yeah, too bad I wasn't born until 1983 and couldn't root for every Chicago sports team until then. I grew up going to Hawks/Bears/Bulls/Cubs AND Sox games. Fortunately for me I've only been to one Fire game. :D Do I blame my parents for that?

Im a jays fan but think fenway or wrigley would be the best places to catch a game.

nowback on topic...
The bruins are making the pens look like an AHL team. I never expected them to dominate the penguins like this. They are going to miss Campbell, but they are such a deep team I don't think anybody is going to beat them right now. they play a perfect style for the playoffs

too bad I wasn't born until 1983 and couldn't root for every Chicago sports team until then.

Personally, I've only been pulling for the Hawks (or any Chicago team) since the late 70's. I hopped on the bandwagon as soon as I could.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure both of you guys were at every game when the inside of the United Center almost had as many fans as a Thrashers game.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure both of you guys were at every game when the inside of the United Center almost had as many fans as a Thrashers game.

Every game? Hardly. I was a kid, in school. Made it to at least a couple games a year though. Before my twins were born I'd make it to at least 5-10 games a year since 2008. This year? Not one yet. It's a damn good thing they're on TV!

Back