epoxy-phenolic and straight phenolic lining

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
hey I found a local company that makes 6.5gal (pretty much everything from 1L to 55gal)barrels and other containers. closed top or open top. Here is what im wondering, they say "Our lined open head pails are stocked in epoxy-phenolic blend linings and straight phenolic linings" and also have "Polyethylene lined" ones. The research I came up with on the phenolic was that its food grade safe and is even used on baby bottles and the polyethylene is also used in food storage. Im not looking to make a kettle or mash tun out of them, just would like to get some for fermenters. My question is, do you think these linings would have an effect on the beer? Which lining would you prefer? Was looking for 1/4 slim kegs but they are quite hard to come by, these are local and priced in a way that's very appeasing to my wallet. Thanks for your time.

Back