Epic Labor Day food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brats boiled in beer with onions, peppers, garlic, and pepper corns; coupled with steamed brocolli, roasted corn, and garlic bread. EPIC :tank:

Johnsonville brats, a couple beers, green bell pepper, white onion, garlic powder, and peppercorns

IMG_1971_small.jpg

Boiled for about 15 minutes

IMG_1972_small.jpg

A little char on the grill

IMG_1974_small.jpg

Coupled with corn, brocolli, garlic toast, and homebrewed IPA

IMG_1977_small.jpg

We started with a fresh off the boat shrimp made into ceviche with avocado, and a fresh caught red snapper ceviche with mango. From there we went to two shredded salads( one broccoli and one cabbage)with Asian peanut or citrus vinaigrette. That lead to green beans sauteed with mushrooms and onions, then topped with cranberry cheese and bread crumbs and broiled for a few minutes(this was sooooo good). Next I sous vide 18 lbs of grass fed prime rib for 4 1/2 hrs @ 133 degree. I then charred it on a 750 degree grill for 10 minutes. It was very rare. Next time I'll start a bit sooner with a bit warmer water, although it was still delicious. Capped off with gold potatoes mashed with butter and heavy cream

Simple stuff here. Went to friends house Sat. and had taco bar. Next day breakfast sandwhiches. Then we skipped lunch and had an early dinner of Grilled Teriyaki Chicken, bacon-wrapped Bar-B-Q Shrimp (And bacon-wrapped Bar-B-Water Chestnuts), salad. Next morning I made omlettes to order.

Wow, you guys are damn impressive!

For dinner, I made an eggplant parmesan risotto and for later in the week, made a chicken/feta/pepper/olive/pasta greek-sorta dish, with olive oil, lemon and oregano.

Wife made some Pancit (google pics) which is a Filipino noodle dish with chicken, shrimp and veggies. I also made some Vietnamese steak sandwiches which turned out pretty good. Not my normal labor day = BBQ ritual but still delicious!

BTW...those brats look mighty tasty!

Wife made some Pancit (google pics) which is a Filipino noodle dish with chicken, shrimp and veggies. I also made some Vietnamese steak sandwiches which turned out pretty good. Not my normal labor day = BBQ ritual but still delicious!

BTW...those brats look mighty tasty!

I LOVE pancit, but I've heard it's a pain in the ass to cook....

I had planned to grille. Laid out some mouthwatering looking rib-eyes the night before.

And stayed so busy on Labor Day working I never even pulled out the grill. :mad:

Got a lot done tho'.

I LOVE pancit, but I've heard it's a pain in the ass to cook....

I've never really stood there and watched but it takes a good 30-45 min total. You can find a pretty straight forward recipe on some bags of rice noodles. Take a look there to get an idea. SWMBO just makes it from memory so I dont have a recipe to post...

bacon wrapped scallops
grilled asparagus
sauce for the scallops made with roasted tomatoes and chilis, some spices, a little brown sugar and, of course, more bacon!

and of course, no summer meal is complete without coal-roasted corn on the cob slathered in butter and Crystal.

We started with a fresh off the boat shrimp made into ceviche with avocado, and a fresh caught red snapper ceviche with mango. From there we went to two shredded salads( one broccoli and one cabbage)with Asian peanut or citrus vinaigrette. That lead to green beans sauteed with mushrooms and onions, then topped with cranberry cheese and bread crumbs and broiled for a few minutes(this was sooooo good). Next I SOUS VIDE 18 LBS OF GRAFF FED PRIME RIB for 4 1/2 hrs @ 133 degree. I then charred it on a 750 degree grill for 10 minutes. It was very rare. Next time I'll start a bit sooner with a bit warmer water, although it was still delicious. Capped off with gold potatoes mashed with butter and heavy cream

Holy crap dude, where do I start with that statement! Firstly, I am untellably jealous of that much amazing beef. Grass Fed Prime Rib!? Secondly, you have an immersion circulator capable of holding that much meat? I am scared to look at your brewing set up, since you already practice cooking techniques that aspire to get to.

Latest posts

Back