Element adapter for l6-30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfrisby

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been collecting parts for my brewery for awhile now. I have a l6-30, 1.5” element and extension cord that are both past the return window from amazon. After the purchase, I’m realizing the importance of an element adapters and all the ones I have seen require a screw in element and hard wire the extension cord to said element.

Does anyone have a lead on a housing system that could attach to a 1.5” triclamp and fit around the l6-30 plug connection. I’m estimating the plug connection is about 46mm in diameter.

Thanks for any help.

Not sure what you mean, the l6-30 just plugs onto element.

Right. What I’m looking for is the protective housing that goes over the connection like the attached pic. Everything I’ve seen requires a twist on element and like you, my element has an l6-30 male end.
IMG_5648.JPG

Dland-first, I’d like to thank you for engaging me. I appreciate your time.

After reviewing the item you linked, I think I haven’t properly conveyed my intent. I have a cable to run from the element to the plug. I’m good on power. What I’m looking for is a housing that goes over the connection to protect from liquids accidentally hitting the plug and potentially killing me. All the covers (Like my picture above) are designed to fit on a screw in element. I’m looking for ideas on a protective housing that would work with a 1.5”tc element. Thank you again.

Hope you find what your looking for. I like the plugs for ease of set up/break down.

FWIW, I have not been killed yet, and I brew outdoors, sometimes in rain & snow, am I'm not the neatest brewer around, have had some spills and leaks.

You should have a GFI breaker on the circuit for your protection however, and this should eliminate most of the shock hazards, assuming common sense is used.

Dland-first, I’d like to thank you for engaging me. I appreciate your time.

After reviewing the item you linked, I think I haven’t properly conveyed my intent. I have a cable to run from the element to the plug. I’m good on power. What I’m looking for is a housing that goes over the connection to protect from liquids accidentally hitting the plug and potentially killing me. All the covers (Like my picture above) are designed to fit on a screw in element. I’m looking for ideas on a protective housing that would work with a 1.5”tc element. Thank you again.
Short piece of bicycle inner tube.

Brew on :mug:

Thank you. I discovered that very solution last night.

Take a read into this webpage. I think it has the style of element that you ate referring to.

https://www.brew-boss.com/ULWD-L6-3...e-Heater-Element-p/htr-5500-ripple-l6-30p.htm

Im sure there are others like it, but I trust Darren at brew-boss. I've used his system over a year now without any electrical hiccups. I believe the key is that the element is grounded to the housing. It is also sealed with some type of epoxy. It cannot be disassbled. You just plug directly into the element with your female plug. There is no covering between the element male and plug female.

Also, there is the option that I think you were asking to find.

https://www.brewershardware.com/1-5-tri-clover-compatible-rims-tube-kit-w-cam-locks.html

I've got this exact setup. It also works great. Another similar example is the hot rod heat stick. They're also grounded internally to the housing.

I think most importantly, no matter which style you use, you've got to have a GFCI breaker or adapter installed before your whole system.

Since I've used all 3 styles in my system, I can't say which is better, they all work just fine. I wouldn't trust a 25 dollar heating element from China though. I want to know its grounded either by my work, or someone else's work that I can trust.

Latest posts

Back