Electric stove hint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
I have a tip for people using electric coil type stoves. After a few test boils, i noticed that a few of my coils were red hot after i removed my pot. To me, this means that those coils do not have direct contact with the pot. I was looking underneath the pot and noticed those coils are sitting lower then the rest. I took some washers and slid them underneath the low coils so they would come in contact with the pot. When i tested it, the water came to boil 10-15 min faster then it use too. There is only one section of coil (the inner most) which is still red hot when i remove my pot. I cannot put washers underneath that portion since the support frame for the burner is built into that portion of the coil. Hope this helps someone!

Good call.

I'll add that one would want to avoid galvanized or zinc plated washers due to the toxic fumes that they could give off under high heat.

Back