Electric brewing dream element: NOT all stainless

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biertourist

Reaction score
Although I'm quite happy that there are now electric elements that don't involve any "rust grade" steel parts, I'm still looking for my dream element and that means a low or ultra low heat density incoloy stainless element with an incoloy or regular (300 series) rust-free stainless base.

Again I understand why we don't want elements that rust, but Incoloy is superior to normal 300 series stainless when it comes to electric heating elements as they better resist fouling / crusted / burnt-on starches / sugars.

I want the easier-to-clean incoloy for the element but stainless for the base to avoid rusting.

Has anyone run across such an electric element? (Incoloy element, stainless 300 series base?)

For what it's worth, I whirlpool in my kettle so I prefer straight rather than "ripple" elements as straight elements disturb the flow less.

Adam

I have them.

I'll endorse the ones from brewhardware. A fine piece of hardware! As all the stuff I've gotten from him is.

biertourist, is there a reason you don't want stainless? I highly doubt you will find an incoloy one in this size, and at a cost that is reasonable. They are generally industrial products.

Oh, by the way. The tubes on my elements are Incoloy and the base is 400 series stainless. I think people see the black coating on the incoloy Camco elements and make a correlation that incoloy has to be black, but that's a coating and not incoloy itself.

Back