Electric Brewery Wall Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celtic_dude

Reaction score
So I am in the process of building my Ebrewing room and am looking for ideas for the walls. Mostly the wall behind my kettles and such. At the moment, it is framed out in a 'L' shape with cement board and insulation behind it. The other 2 walls are being left as unfinished basement cement walls(maybe a paint job if anything). So how have you finished your walls? Paint, Tile, vinyl tiles or something else. I am not the best as designing or decorating so I love to gather inspirations. Thanks!!!

brewery.jpg

I went with tile myself:

IMG_2668_2.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

But anything that resists water should be fine. I recommend building like it was a kitchen (not a bathroom) so regular drywall is fine. Greenboard is not required, and definitely not cementboard. You're not building a shower. Your brewery should not be steaming up like a bathroom shower. If it is, you're not venting properly.

Tile or standard drywall (not greenboard) with paint you can wipe (semigloss) is really all you should need.

I went with tile behind the kettles mostly because I like the look.

Just like a kitchen, you'll get some water on it sometimes, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

Kal

I used Fiberglass Reinforced Paneling in my build (commonly called FRP). It's pretty inexpensive by the sheet (4x8) at about 26 dollars per. It's got a light texturing but it easily wipes clean when the mash hose might accidentally slip free of the tun...

Only downside was the installation, the large panels are pretty tough to hang by yourself. If you do go this route, get the right FRP Adhesive from liquid nails on day one, it makes the job a heckuva lot easier!

ebrewery_done_05.jpg

ebrewery_done_07.jpg

Cheers and best of luck with the build!

I'm going tile was well. Splash board and floor with a floor drain

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just finished hanging my tiles last night just need to grout now. I like the tile look for that 1 wall.

Almost Famous Brewing Company

Cement board + latex paint for my behind the kettles wall, drywall + paint elsewhere.

The semi satin paint is pretty easy to wipe spills off of.

I just went drywall on all walls as I don't plan on hosing the wall down.

I went with tileboard; i have not yet brewed in there so I can't tell you how it holds up - but so far I love the fact that it was #1 cheap ($12/sheet) #2 easy to install, and #3 can write on it with dry erase markers...

I did FRP in the ceiling and what a PITA! I don't think i'll ever use that stuff again. It's extremely heavy for what it is; and expensive at $34/sheet. If you only need 1-2 sheets maybe not so bad but installing it on the ceiling is not something I ever want to do again.

Thanks for all the great input! I don't mind being over-cautious so I am going to stick with the cement board directly behind the brewing setup and then drywall the rest. I am liking the idea of the tiles. Sounds like they would be easiest since I hate finishing drywall and painting.

Finished grouting tonight and tile took a LOT longer to do than drywall. If you don't want to mud it hire someone. I think tile looks way better on the feature wall though.

I went with tile myself:

IMG_2668_2.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

But anything that resists water should be fine. I recommend building like it was a kitchen (not a bathroom) so regular drywall is fine. Greenboard is not required, and definitely not cementboard. You're not building a shower. Your brewery should not be steaming up like a bathroom shower. If it is, you're not venting properly.

Tile or standard drywall (not greenboard) with paint you can wipe (semigloss) is really all you should need.

I went with tile behind the kettles mostly because I like the look.

Just like a kitchen, you'll get some water on it sometimes, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

Kal

I used Fiberglass Reinforced Paneling in my build (commonly called FRP). It's pretty inexpensive by the sheet (4x8) at about 26 dollars per. It's got a light texturing but it easily wipes clean when the mash hose might accidentally slip free of the tun...

Only downside was the installation, the large panels are pretty tough to hang by yourself. If you do go this route, get the right FRP Adhesive from liquid nails on day one, it makes the job a heckuva lot easier!

ebrewery_done_05.jpg

ebrewery_done_07.jpg

Cheers and best of luck with the build!

Those places are dumps. Don't do it like that;) I'm just happy my brewery is indoors.

Back