ELECTRIC ALL GRAIN SYSTEM QUESTION

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynxpilot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For electric all grain systems, seems there is always a recirculation pump, which makes sense to me, but no talk of using the pump to transfer wort to the fermenter. Any idea why not or have I not looked at enough systems and some do?

Maybe just because it's an (almost) inconsequential step? Or that it's dependent upon your setup? As in, the height of various pieces. Also, some integrated pumps may not be situated ideally for transfer, depending on where they pull from, exactly.

Just a guess.

It seemed odd because the mash systems require lifting the mash basket (or other containment) so you'd probably want the boiler low as possible, but to gravity transfer you'd want it high as possible.

Yes I guess it could be used but they may be slow or may not work to push through a plate chiller for example.

I have always used mine on the Robobrew 35 and on my Guten. Plenty strong enough to move the wort around and push it thru a counter flow chiller.
The tap on the bottom is a waste of time really, something else to clean and gets in the way. I now use it as a valve and whirlpool back thru the tap into the vessel.

Back