• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Carolina Electric All-Grain Setup ($650)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonR

Reaction score
I have a polished 15.5 gallon electric keggle with three piece stainless ball valve, sight glass and thermometer. It has a 240 volt Blichmann 10 gallon boilcoil installed. I have a 10 gallon cooler that is used as a HLT that includes a stainless ball valve. The mashtun is also a 10 gallon cooler with false bottom, stainless ball valve, thermometer and sprinkler head installed in the top to allow for batch sparging.

The coil can be removed and the holes plugged with stainless bolts with silicone washers is you wish to use a propane burner.

I have boiled 9.75 gallons with this coil and had to turn down the duty cycle some to slow the boil. It is 3750 watts. I don't know if it is strong enough to do 12-13 gallons required for a 10 gallon batch but does real well for 6 gallon batches. It comes with a 240 volt 10 foot pigtail supplied with the coil from Blichmann.

For those new to all-grain brewing, here is an explanation on how the two cooler system works: Heat mash water in keggle and transfer to mashtun. While mashing, heat sparge water and place in HLT. Once mash is complete, start draining wort from mashtun into keggle. Start sparging by connecting hose from HLT to mashtun. When enough wort has drained into keggle to cover coil, begin heating the wort to boil.

No controller is included in this sale. Local Pickup only.

IMG_0165.JPG (2).JPG

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

fb.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp1.jpg

Last edited:
I've had two respond with interest, but it's still available. If interested, I can toss in a few other items like a copper immersion chiller and maybe some items on my shelves that I no longer use but would be useful to someone getting into all-grain.

Latest posts

Back