• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Carolina Electric 5500W Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pidass

Reaction score
I'm looking to change up my setup so I'm seeing if anyone would be interested in my current boil kettle setup.

-15.5 Gallon Standard Keg with 12" hole cut from the top.
-5500W 240V Heating element installed with waterproof electrical box (uses standard 4 prong dryer plug)
-Sight gauge (premarked for gallon increments)
-2 - 1/2" NPT fittings (1 plug is included, I'm keeping the temperature sensor so 1 port will be open)
-1/2" ball valve with pickup tube for draining.
-Center pickup tube

Wrapped in pipe insulation to increase efficiency (useful for all grain or brew in a bag)

All fittings are 304 Stainless Steel and were TIG welded in.

All the hard work is done, all you have to do is get a 1/2" NPT thermometer or plug the hole and you are ready to brew. This thing boils 5 gallons in no time.

Pump in picture not included, may be listing it for sale later.

$220

Obviously more of a pickup item but willing to meet within 30 minutes of Columbia.

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

is this still available? shipping to 60645?

what did you use for a controller?

probably would be about $50, I don't have a box big enough for it eitiher. I used a custom built PID/SSR controller.

Back