Edworts Pale, any limit on bulk aging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
I brewed Edworts haus pale ale, fermented for 3 weeks and got it kegged last weekend. Right now I can only put one keg at a time in my little kegerator so I just kegged the pale ale, purged with co2 and have it sitting in my closet. Is it going to be fine to sit there for a few weeks until the keg in the fridge right now starts tasting decent enough to drink. I think it should only help, I just didn't know if there was any issue with this style beer sitting for an extended period.

Thanks

I brewed Edworts haus pale ale, fermented for 3 weeks and got it kegged last weekend. Right now I can only put one keg at a time in my little kegerator so I just kegged the pale ale, purged with co2 and have it sitting in my closet. Is it going to be fine to sit there for a few weeks until the keg in the fridge right now starts tasting decent enough to drink. I think it should only help, I just didn't know if there was any issue with this style beer sitting for an extended period.

If it's going to be more than a few months, make sure you at least rack it to secondary to get it off the yeast (which you already did). Autolysis is one of those things that people tend to worry about way to much, but it can happen.

Hops flavor will mellow with time, but that's not always a bad thing. Some people like to dry hop their IPAs/pale ales just before they carb and tap.

Back