EBrewSupply Response Problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beermaestro

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum however I am not new to brewing.

I was wanting to post this to see if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine with EBrewSupply.

I had originally sent an email back on March 9th to EBrewSupply inquiring if they did custom control panels. I am interested in a BIAB BCS control panel to automate some of the brew processes. I did not receive a response after sending my email. On March 16th, a week after my initial email, I called and spoke to a gentleman named Ryan. I asked him if he had received my email and asked if they did customized control panels. I gave him a explanation of what I was trying to accomplish and he was very helpful and nice. He indicated that they were very busy and also working on some new software items and so he hadn't had a chance to take a look at my email. I totally understood this and told him no big deal. He said that he would try and get a response to me in a few days. Well I still had not heard anything back so on March 21st I sent a follow-up email asking if he had a chance to take a look at my inquiry. Still I have not received any correspondence so today March 23rd I tried calling again. Ryan answered the phone and I told him who I was and had just barely started to ask if he had a chance to look at my email before he promptly hung up the phone on me.

I was very taken aback by this as I had read several reviews that stated they had fantastic customer service. I was not aware that I was apparently being a "bother" to him and was fully prepared to purchase either a DIY kit or fully assembled control panel. I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience to this. I am not sure now that I would want to do business with them.

That is what I have read too about them, which is why I am posting here. Maybe I am just missing something or caught them at a bad time. I mean even a simple email back letting me know they are working on a reply would have sufficed. I never had any intention, nor would I want to be a nuisance; just was excited to get something together to upgrade my brewing system.

Yeah. Does not sound right. I have gotten a response from Ryan Sunday afternoon sometimes. Just to throw this out there what are you asking? Maybe what you are asking just takes more time to investigate, etc.

Pretty simple, he's too busy to respond or even take your phone calls, take your business somewhere else. I'd check with Colorado Brewing Systems to see if they can help with your project.

I will definitely look into Colorado brewing systems to see what they can offer. I was asking for a quote for a 30 amp bcs controlled single element with 1 pump and 1 temp probe connection and 1 LCD Display for temp reading for a BIAB system. Nothing too crazy I didn't think.

Nothing personal beermaestro, but I'm always suspicious of a new poster complaining about a company with a good reputation. Would be nice to get a response from Ryan.

Nothing personal at all Idiotsinc. No offense taken. I do agree though, would be nice to hear from Ryan. I would like it if he could tell me it's a misunderstanding and just got disconnected on the phone. like I said earlier, they have great reviews and seem to produce very nice products. Just wondering why I had the experience I did when everyone else have nothing but good things to say. I am not trying to run anyone through the mud here, just don't appreciate getting hung up on. I would rather have had him just tell me he couldn't help me due to being too busy. That I would understand.

Ryan was very helpful to me. He built a custom rims control box for me a couple weeks ago. I am in the process of learning the ins and outs of it, and then posting my review soon.

Yeah something isn't adding up, I've dealt with Ryan a couple times and could not have been happier. Absolute pleasure to deal with on multiple occasions. I'm guessing he is probably been quite busy.

Seems I am the odd one out here, everyone has great things to say about them. I actually would be the same way, Ryan was very nice and helpful when I called him the first time after my initial email. Just weird I cant get anything back. Oh well, I will just not worry about it and hopefully get something figured out for my control panel. I appreciate everyone's comments here and I hope what has happened to me doesn't continue for others. Still wouldn't mind doing business with him if he ever replies to my email.

My experience in June last year was similar. Never did get a response to my eBIAB questions on the wiring diagram but I went ahead and ordered anyway. My order didn't ship until 3 weeks later and several follow-up emails. That was my experience alone. All said and done I'm happy I chose eBrewSupply based on the quality and pricing of the components. Service could be better.

My experience was very positive when Ryan built me a custom at the beginning of this year, he did a great job!

Honestly I think the guy is great and has good product. I purchased a couple heating element kits a while back and decided to buy a BCS 30amp panel. Unfortunately my experience ended without getting the panel I wanted.

About 3 months passed from the time of my order and it became clear after a three estimates of shipping dates that came and went and explanation of pending shipments of parts being the hold up that I didn't want to wait any longer for something I paid for up front so I got a refund.

Ryan was pretty responsive and professional. I think he just has a lot going on. He moved to a new location, expanded the business and probably can only do so much. I would not tell people not order from him -- just potentially be prepared to allow a lot of time for a full panel.

I just spent the past few days asking a dozen or so questions to Ryan and got answers within a few hours of sending emails. Bought a diy kit today.

He also offered to help me troubleshoot a 2nd hand generic panel that I have.

Back