EBIAB recirculation port placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpolzin25

Reaction score
So wondering where all you eBIABers that recirculate your mash put your port? I am working on building an eBIAB setup and was going to essentially do something similar to Brau Supply's setup but was wondering where you put the port or how you recirculate the mash back into the kettle. Is doing it through the lid really necessary or could just have the hose clip to the kettle and not run it through the lid. Thanks

Also in my setup I will be using a 44qt bayou classic w/ the pizza grate style false bottom from brew hardware.

i did this a while ago to minimize hot spots... perforated silicone tube with a plug in the end.

This is the setup I have: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=596834&page=3

Caveat is that I just built it and have only given it a water test run so far. Brewing tomorrow!

I've since modified it a bit as well - dropped the orange rubber gasket on the weldless bulkhead in the lid to get a tighter seal on the threads and prevent leakage on the outer side of the lid when recircing. Since it's in the lid, the gasket is unnecessary anyhow. Works great so far.

Also I added a sparge ring to the end of the LocLine that's pictured in the thread, as well as some QD's so I can easily remove it from the lid once I'm done mashing... just keeps it out of the way.
https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/mashspargering.htm

Adding the QDs does put a lot of hardware under the lid and adds some length to the recirc arm. Not sure I love that as it's currently too long and a lot of the LocLine needs to be coiled up to keep the ring up high enough. Might need to shorten it up but I want to try brewing with it first.

I like that idea. What did you use to plug the tubing?

I use 3/8" thick walled tubing. A 1/2" plastic PEX tube plug from home depot does just fine with no clamp or anything. Maybe a 3/4" one would work if you use 1/2" tubing?

Back