eBay pump food grade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wacki

Reaction score
I bought two eBay pumps a few weeks back, the ad stated that yes they were food grade. Now that I have the pumps I have the model, ZC-T40, and I can't find anything online stating that it either is or is not food grade.

The pumps work very well at moving water in testing, but I don't want to use them with brewing water/wort/beer if it could cause harm.

What is the risk with using them?? I'm curious if anyone else has these pumps and uses them for brewing...thanks if anyone has some input they can share!!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402714820.558004.jpg

Fixed propellers have oiled bearings where the liquid gets in contact with it through the fixed shaft. Magnetic drives are enclosed and separated from the bearing oils. So it's food grade.

I thought it also had to do with the type of plastic that is used? Like it had to be "new" or food recycled and not recycled oil containers...

Back