Easy amber ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiphop

Reaction score
I am having a tough time finding a easy recipe for a amber ale using only certain hops from my garden. I have a ton of cascade, brewers gold, tettnang, Newport, nugget, and crystal. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Amber Ales are wide open to interpretation so feel free to use what ever combination of hops you prefer, and make it as hop forward as you like.

As far as malts, typically 90% pale ale or 2-row malt with some Crystal 40 or 60 and a dash of chocolate or other dark malt for color is suitable.

Over the years I do a variation called ViennAle which is 90% Vienna with Crystal 40 and an ounce or so of Chocolate coupled with whatever hops I have on hand.

Crystal are a descendant of Hallertau (and a nice smelling one at that). So you could use both of those late and something else early if you need the AA%.

These would go well with CKing's Vienna malt suggestion.

Back