Easy All-Grain for Beginners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtrman13

Reaction score
Hi all, I wanted to post here to let anyone that's wanting to switch to all-grain that I've created a blog to aid in your quest. The goal is to basically dumb it down and make it as simple and straightforward as possible. I'll also be dealing with the bare minimum equipment it takes as well as a more advanced setup. So please check it out, hopefully it can be some help!

http://brewityourself-beer.blogspot.com/

PS mods I apologize if this is in some way an inappropriate post. Please delete in such a case.

Nice post. You definitey have a talent for breaking processes down into easy to follow chunks. Keep up the writing, it's looking good

Thanks for the replies, folks. And thank your for the reply, Doug. I'm a bit confused on you idea of the cost of a false bottom though. I ended up buying a 10 inch instead of a 12 inch, but it only cost me about 20 bucks or so (I don't remember the exact number) at my LHBS. I hadn't shopped around online or anything, but it seemed like the better choice and was only a couple bucks more expensive for me. Do they normally run for a lot more than that?...

The cost at the LHBS definately depends on location. In metro NY where I am things tend to run a bit higher in any store you go to. Especially at homebrew shops

When I priced out false bottoms for my round Igloo, I found the cost to be in the $50-60 range. I ended up going with the bazooka.

Nice looking blog (and dog)! Had a question re: the pumpkin ale, though: why are you steeping the crystal instead of just mashing it?

Latest posts

Back