East Bay Noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stalevel

Reaction score
Howdy,
Thanks for the great community here. I just started brewing in November with a good pal that has been doing it for a long time. I live in the East Bay and when I'm not running my kids to every activity known to man, I'm thinking about, reading about, drinking (a little) and making home brew.

I've read Palmer's book and am working through Ray Daniels' book as well. I have a lot to learn but am enjoying it quite a bit.

I have the luxury of learning the all grain process from my friend who puts up with my questions (while I clean kegs and shovel spent grain), without having to buy all the gear up front.

I am slowly piecing some equipment together and am considering BIAB to start. I'd love to know the cons of this sort of brewing. I've read a fair bit and spent time on the "other" BIAB sites to learn about it. If anyone cares to share "reasons not to BIAB," I'm all ears.

Thanks again for this great resource.

I spend as much time keeping the kids away from the burners as stirring- Welcome- Jeff

Latest posts

Back