Dunkelweizen Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
How does this sound. Just brewed it the other day. Fermentation has began.

4lbs. Light Pilsner LME
4lbs. Dark Wheat Malt
1lbs. Light Wheat Malt
1 Oz Hallertau @ 30min boil
Wyeast weihenstephan weizen 3068

Mash In @ 155 Deg Out 1 hour
Sparge @ 170
Add Light Pils LME Boil 60 Min
Add Hallertau @ 30 mins

This was a partial mash. Tasted the finished wart and it was bad. Fermentation started today. I know its pretty basic but will this work?

If you're saying you mashed 5 lbs of wheat without the aid of any hulls or husks, your efficiency may have suffered. Also, you could have used some dark crystal if you were looking to make it to style. This doesn't stop it from being a good pint and it's better then going overboard.

If you're saying you mashed 5 lbs of wheat without the aid of any hulls or husks, your efficiency may have suffered. Also, you could have used some dark crystal if you were looking to make it to style. This doesn't stop it from being a good pint and it's better then going overboard.

Had some 60L lying around and was going to use it but decided not to. Beersmith says it meets BJCP guidelines.

Also, I mashed in brew bags, I found a method that a few people were using these for partial mashes in kettles. It worked out pretty good. OG was were it need to be.

Latest posts

Back