Dual Tap Kegerator, do you need two kegs at all times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonz28

Reaction score
New to Kegging. But a dual tap. Hooked everything up but only had one keg of beer. Tapped it and soon realized the other line ( hooked up to nothing) was releasing CO2. I was able to make it stop. But cant remember really how. This morning came down and realized my 5lb tank was empty. Dumb me didn't check all the lines, but then it got me thinking about that secondary line.....So the real question is, if you have dual tap. Do you need two kegs. Or the way i shut if off actually was OK, but maybe leaking elsewhere.

No you don't. Ideally there is a shutoff valve you can use. Failing that, a properly functioning air quick disconnect on the end of the unused line should be fine.

With that said, any air connection can leak. Once you have everything set up spray some starsan on all your connections and look for bubbles. Don't forget the keg lid, keg posts, and regulator as well.

If you don't have a in-kegerator secondary regulator, I would add. Assuming your tank and primary are outside. Run a secondary inside, you can adjust to the style and or shut off 1 side. This allows you to also force carbonate on side and serve on the other as well

Latest posts

Back