Dry hop plan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacomaHomeBrew

Reaction score
I have never dry hopped before. So I think this is gonna be my plan. I will rack to secondary on-top of the pellets. Let it dry hop for a week than transfer to keg with some kind of filter/netting over my siphon? What do y'all think?

Sounds like you have done it before. Just make sure the black cap is on if you use an auto siphon. I lost some beer with that mistake.

demonx06 said:
Sounds like you have done it before. Just make sure the black cap is on if you use an auto siphon. I lost some beer with that mistake.

Black cap? There is red thing that attaches at the tip of the siphon.

I dry hopped last night......put my pellet in a fine mesh bag and racked the beer over it. In a week I'll cold crash and rack to a bottling bucket. Interested to see if I get any hop sediment.

I have never dry hopped before. So I think this is gonna be my plan. I will rack to secondary on-top of the pellets. Let it dry hop for a week than transfer to keg with some kind of filter/netting over my siphon? What do y'all think?

I sanitize a fine mesh bag and basically use it like a condom inside the bottling bucket/keg to catch everything. Hasn't failed me yet :fro: (Useless fro)

Latest posts

Back