Dry Hop after 60 Min Steep?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatherJack

Reaction score
Hey All,

I nearly forgot about it, but today is the day I'm supposed to dry hop my Super Citra SMaSH 90.

I made it using 4.9kg of Maris Otter and Citra (12.3%) at the following schedule:

90 min - 10g
30 min - 14g
15 min - 14g
5 min - 14g
60 min steep - 14g

I know both have their own purposes, but I don't want to push this over the brink with too strong of a Citra presence (if I don't have it already).

What's the verdict? Dry hop with another 14g for 7 days?

Thanks! :fro::mug:

In my opinion, dry hopping is what makes an IPA great. Taste it, dry hopping isn't going to add anymore bitterness, but flavor. If your happy the way it is...don't add any more.

By all means dry hop! Citra is amazing as a dry hop. 14 g, roughly 1/2 ounce, should be great.

I went ahead and dry hopped it :D

I don't have a wine thief, but I did take a gravity reading and when I pulled out the hydrometer I took a couple drops off the hydro and I have to say I am very pleased with the flavor. Also, I was shooting for 1.013 and finished at 1.010.

I'm relieved because it's my first AG batch, I used my city water for the first time and used a hop that I have never used before and somehow it's still drinkable. :drunk: Dunno how I got so lucky, but I'm happy

Back