dry dock apricot blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
I had the extreme pleasure of tasting dry dock brewings apricot blonde recently and decided to brew it. have all the ingredients except the apricot puree. i have been all over the place trying to find it and as of yet i havent found any i found apricot halves in syrup but am hesitant to use it because its in syrup and dont want to impart a cider taste to it. i emailed the brewers at dry dock and they use a brand called oregon has any one seen this before?

They are out of the flavoring until a couple weeks out which is ok because i dont need it till kegging time but the puree needed at primary is eluding me brewing tonight is out tonight i hope the brew hut has some puree tommorow last day to brew for the week.

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Does anyone have a good recipe for the Dry Dock Apricot Blonde? They don't post them on their website anymore, and I'd like to try a crack at this awesome beer.

Phillip, I found one and just actually keg'd it tonight. There wasn't much info on it, just the ingredients and the hop addition times:

.5 lbs Crystal Malt 20°L
3 lbs Dry Light Extract info
1 lbs Dry Extra Light; Muntons
1 oz Cascade (Whole, 5.50 %AA) boiled 60 min.
.5 oz Fuggle (Pellets, 4.75 %AA) boiled 15 min.
49 oz. Apricot puree
WYeast 1968 London ESB Ale

I brewed it up and let it sit in primary for about 1 week (9 days or so) then transferred to a secondary on top of the apricot puree. I let it sit there for a few more weeks then keg'd. It's carbing as we speak and hope to taste it in a week or so.

Phillip, I found one and just actually keg'd it tonight. There wasn't much info on it, just the ingredients and the hop addition times:

.5 lbs Crystal Malt 20°L
3 lbs Dry Light Extract info
1 lbs Dry Extra Light; Muntons
1 oz Cascade (Whole, 5.50 %AA) boiled 60 min.
.5 oz Fuggle (Pellets, 4.75 %AA) boiled 15 min.
49 oz. Apricot puree
WYeast 1968 London ESB Ale

I brewed it up and let it sit in primary for about 1 week (9 days or so) then transferred to a secondary on top of the apricot puree. I let it sit there for a few more weeks then keg'd. It's carbing as we speak and hope to taste it in a week or so.

Thanks for the recipe! And please do keep me posted on how it came out. I recently attempted a similar style recipe, but substituted mango's for apricot's. 4 lbs of puree and it came out incredible, but a bit tart.

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks for the recipe! And please do keep me posted on how it came out. I recently attempted a similar style recipe, but substituted mango's for apricot's. 4 lbs of puree and it came out incredible, but a bit tart.

Cheers,
Phil

Well after carb'ing it for about 5 days, I poured a ping.. It turned out pretty good! I'm not the best at describing things but it definitely has the apricot smell/nose to it. One thing I didn't mention is I did put in half a bottle (2oz apricot extract) at the time I keg'd. The apricot taste is subtle and not artificial (like a Raspberry Wheat I did last years with only 4 oz of raspberry extract used). I think the blend of natural puree and the extract did it well.

I am not great at the whole gravity thing (yet) and believe It probably could of sat a few weeks longer; I entered my OG and FG reading into an online calculator and it only turned out to be about 2% ABV.

Others need to taste but overall, I think it turned out good!

I'm weary of trying that flabyboy. The recipe I used above turned out WAY better than I ever imagined. The last bottles I have of it are going to be savored like a vintage wine until I can brew it again!

benducklow said:
I'm weary of trying that flabyboy. The recipe I used above turned out WAY better than I ever imagined. The last bottles I have of it are going to be savored like a vintage wine until I can brew it again!

Not sure if you know how the Pro Kits work, but it's the actual recipe from the brewer themselves. They work in partnership with Northern on these kits. NB has other recipes thru Surly, Lakefront and Town Hall that are spot on

Back