Drinking while Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you drink while brewing?

• Yes, but only HomeBrew

• No, I am clumsy enough as it is

• Yes, but (I am so ashamed) it is store bought

• Yes, anything I can get my hands on.

• Yes, I will drink HB or store bought. I like to stay in the style I am brewing.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I see that you can click on the number of votes for each section in the poll and see who voted for which option (Flawed democratic system here)

It's not too late to seek out those that voted NO, and go round to their place and smash up their equipment as punishment for their denial of the brew gods. ;)

For as much as I brew, I really don't drink all that much. In each 5 gallon batch I make, I'll maybe finish off 1/2-3/4 gallon by myself. The rest is for friends and parties. We have enough partying around here that I don't even stop brewing. :)

However, I rarely have a beer when I'm brewing. I love beer and I like what I make, but because of all the running up and down stairs I do when brewing (I brew on a deck that's two floors below the main floor of the house), I think I am just kind of not in the mood to drink. I'd just want to sit around and do nothing at all if I started drinking.

I have fount my brew day goes smoother if I don't start drinking until the boil starts. Less mistakes that way

But what if i replaced the milk in cereal with beer......two birds on stone kind of thing

Though have you ever heard of "Captain Krunk?"
It's Captain Crunch plus Captain Morgan.

I have actually had beer and captain morgan on cereal. I wouldn't recommend either, especially captain morgan. :cross:

I only drink a couple. I got REALLY drunk one night when I made a homebrew and never again. I vaguely remember burning my hand and the kitchen floor was covered in water splashes when I woke up the next morning. And the beer wasn't that good. It somehow took me a good 45 minutes to chill the 2.5 gallons of wort.

I generally start brewing between 6 and 7 am. I usually don't have any beer until well after I have everything cleaned up.

maybe a few, i like to stay sober through the brew day to much dangerous stuff can happen

It really depends. I may have one or two beers (homebrew or store-bought), but I just as often don't.

My last brew day was an early morning and I had errands to run afterwords so I brewed it sober. It felt really weird... I have to say though, cleanup was a snap and it was probably my most efficient brew day ever...
Yeah, my last brew was on a weekday, and I had to work later. No beer. I said then that it would be the last time I brewed during the week! Didn't like it at all.

i try not to get wasted but it has happened a couple of times. like most others my clean up just sucks if i have to many. last time i got drunk while brewing i fell over into house after i got the carboy filled up. tomorrow will be my first brew day in a month so i'm gonna hold back until the boil(try to). i'm feeling a little rusty!!!!

:tank:

I usually have one during the brewing, and then a couple while I clean up. Makes that part a little more enjoyable.

I picked the first selection (Yes, but only HomeBrew) but I only do so if brewing in the afternoon/evening. When brewing in the morning, it's usually a glass of iced tea or, if I start early enough, a cup of coffee.

Rick

I usually drink 6 to 8 beers (almost always homebrew) while brewing. All of my brews have come out excellint from the first ot the last (I have only brewed 11 batches so far). I have only brewed on friday and saturday evenings and start about 6 or 7. I can brew all grain brew (5 gallons) in about 4 or 5 hours (includes clean-up) I usually am pretty toasted when I am done brewing. I am drink some homebrew right now. :)

Back