Drinking Handicap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmpace

Reaction score
Posting here because it doesn't seem to fit in any of the other categories.

I have a dispensing system (A Marvel 61HK-BS-F-X-2D). It is a two faucet, commercial, direct draw system. This is hooked up to a 2 product dual pressure kegerator Co2 regulator. That is connected to two new 5gal kegs.

Last night after cleaning the faucets thoroughly I hooked up two new 5gal kegs. The left tap did not dispense beer but the right one did. I went through everything to attempt to troubleshoot the problem but could not see anything wrong.

The Co2 tank is sending gas to the regulator
the regulator valves are open and sending gas to the kegs
both gauges are reading that they are sending ~5psi to each keg
The tank fill gauge is reading that we have enough gas
There is also a little beer in each line
Went through and made sure all connections are tight

This kind of thing has been a problem with my system for quite some time, and I've found that after about 30 min or so it will eventually dispense beer from both faucets. I decided to leave it alone overnight. However, I tested it this morning and now the reverse is true. The Left tap dispenses and the right one does not. I have not changed anything about the configuration. What the hay?!

Thought I would put this out there to a smart crowd to see if you could help diagnose the problem.

Jared

Clogs and stuck popits are pretty common problems. If you don't have a fan circulating air, freezing around metal parts can also occur.

Popit was ok, but that's good to know for the future.

Fixed the issue for now by fully purging the keg of gas.
After I'd cleaned the beer line and reconnected, I think some O was introduced to the keg. After I purged the keg completely of all gas, it refilled with Co2 and worked fine after that.

Thanks for your help.

Back