Drinking Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaworm69

Reaction score
Anyone have any cool homemade drinking games they want to share? Me and some buddies converted "******* to a manageable 2 player game. You just deal 4 hands and when you are done with you're first...you pick up a second and start where you left off...works for up to about 4 people until you have enough for a real game...btw i'm 33 and yes I still play drinking games!....although "slamming your DIPA" makes for a short night! Just wondering whats out there... :drunk:

It has been years since I have played, but the "100 Club" is the easiest drinking game for anyone to learn and participate in. Everyone who wants to play has a 1oz shot glass and fills it with beer. One person is the time keeper, and you all take 1 shot each minute for 100 minutes. If you make it to the end, you are a member of the club.
(8 1/3 beers in 1hr 40 mins).

***Warning*** This game is best played with BMC or equivalent beer. It is not recommended at all to participate with craft beer or high ABV home brew. :mug:

About a year ago SWMBO and I were channel surfing and stumbled upon the kids national spelling bee. Naturally, I had to make up a drinking game for it. We did it with shot glasses and "drinks"
The rules:
Take a drink if:
1. Kid asks 2 questions that got the same answer from the prompter.
2. Kid writes out word on a body part.
Take a shot or down the whole drink if:
1. Kid fails to spell the word.

Challenge:
After the word was announced, but prior to the kid asking 2 questions, any player may challenge another player to spell the word (we have DVR).
If the challengee fails to spell the word, the take a shot/kill their drink. If the challengee spells the word correctly, the challenger has to take a shot.

We made up the rules before realizing just how bad the kids were at the spelling bee...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It has been years since I have played, but the "100 Club" is the easiest drinking game for anyone to learn and participate in. Everyone who wants to play has a 1oz shot glass and fills it with beer. One person is the time keeper, and you all take 1 shot each minute for 100 minutes. If you make it to the end, you are a member of the club.

***Warning*** This game is best played with BMC or equivalent beer. It is not recommended at all to participate with craft beer or high ABV home brew. :mug:

Oh, those were good times!

It really doesn't sound that hard, and everyone thinks they're gonna nail it, up until about 70. That's when the weak start dropping.

BTW most shot glasses are 1.5 oz. We always estimated it to be about 10 beers in 100 minutes, especially as the minutes go by and the pours get a bit sloppy.

I tried this once except our game was only for an hour. I blew the foamiest chunks I'd ever blown at about minute 55. I have never been so bloated with beer before. I was miserable before relieving the pressure.

Funny thing is that a few years later, I drank 100 beers in a weekend and didn't blow the entire time. In that game the rules were Thursday night/Friday morning at midnight to Sunday at midnight. It was 1992 and they were Keystone Lights for anyone keeping score at home. The other funny part was that I was in college and broke and only bought 4 cases on Thursday thinking I would never make it. A friend brought me a sixer of what was craft beer for that time - Sam Adams - at about 6pm on Sunday so I could officially make the challenge. I remember not wanting to see a beer for three days after that weekend.

Yeah I remember in college we called it Power Hour and we were using Keystone. The funny thing is I had this shotglass that I always used for liquor my first year of college and eventually I figured out it was actually a candle holder that measured 2 oz.

We used to play one called Hammerschloggen.

Pretty simple. Just need a couple long nails, a hammer, and a stump. Start the nails in the stump before you start drinking.
Each person takes a turn trying to drive a nail into the stump. The catch is you can only use one hand, and it has to be your off-hand (right-handers use their left hand and vice-versa). If you hit the nail and it moves, pass the hammer. If you miss, finish your drink. And if you manage to make a spark fly from the nail, everyone takes a shot.

Best played outdoors.

Jenga, write 'tasks' on the blocks, then stack them up. You are responsible to do whatever you pull. If you knock over the tower, you finish the drink and are beer *****.

The Cambodian beer drinking game "Spin the Chicken Head".
Also saw a video of it being played in China as well using a "lazy susan" tray in the middle of the table to spin the chicken head as in Spin the Bottle.
Big hit at the next barbecue?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cNPgCWTOGw[/ame]

Well there's trusty High/Low, you have to get 4 correct consecutive guesses before you can "pass" that number to the next person. So if you inherit 7 cards and guess wrong, drink 7.
If you can't do a keg stand, you shouldn't play.

we like to play Mitchell. watch the MST3K version of Mitchell and take a drink anytime anyone on screen says "Mitchell".

Or play Roxanne (The Police), team Roxanne vs. Red Lights.

Or "Thunder" pop in AC/DC Thunderstruck, drink whenever you hear thunder

I play "Drink the beer" when you finish your beer, you win another beer. Great game.

Drunken Uno, basically its a social for every wild thrown/color change, you drink when you are skipped, drink per card you draw. etc.

Presidential Debates Drinking Game (warning this game should almost only be played with the lowest ABV beer you can find) You must declare your allegiance before the debate/drinking begins, if more than 4 players teams may be formed and drinks may be doled out individually to team members to reduce drunkeness. Someone with a golf clicker and a stop watch that is not drinking is higly recommended. All drinks are assessed based on the candidate the team/players have declared for.

1. If either candidate begins answering the first question with "God Bless America" within 10 seconds of starting to speak, finish a 12oz beer (if God Bless America is spoken at any later date, a penalty drink is assessed to the team who declares for the candidate who spoke it)
2. If the candidate fails to mention the issue in the question asked, within 30 seconds, take a drink (example "Mr President how would you lower gas prices" and does not mention "gas prices" for 30 seconds, take a drink)
3. Every time 9/11 is mentioned, take a drink
4. Every time someone says the word 'terrorists' take a drink (golf clicker and non-drinking judge highly recomended for this as the numbers can quickly mount)
5. If the candidate A does not answer the question, Team A drinks an entire beer (non-drinking judge/s must adjudicate in the case of a disagreement, if no agreement is reached, both teams must drink their entire beer)
6. If a candidate tells an outright lie, finish a 12oz beer. (this must be adjudicated by the non-drinking judges or by a Google search, the opposing team has 2 minutes to locate and proove the statistic or statement is verifiably false)

Only game I truly made up was during the last summer olympics I came up with Olympic Risk. Where you drew a certain number of risk cards and had to drink if a country in your territory was called. I got shafted with Western Europe, Northern Europe, and I forget the other. I poured myself a Boot of beer and just said **** it I'll be done before it's over.

My buddies and I would watch terrible horror movies and drink for every death, whenever someone drinks, whatever else we could come up with. We watched one movie and about 3/4 in I said if they just nuke the whole town I'll pound my crown and coke. Not 5 minutes later a mushroom cloud and that's when I blacked out.

Back