Drank way to much beer last night...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBlood

Reaction score
So we went to dinner with another couple and his wife and I drank 2 pitchers of some dark mexican beer she likes. We then went to a little bar and she ordered us a pitcher of Bourbon Cask Ale. I've never had it and to be honest it tasted ok but after the 1st pitcher it didnt taste like anything. I knew better at the time but I kept drinking and I paid the price. Me in the bathroom and my wife standing there laughing at me. Whew its been a long day...just now getting over the hangover. I wont be drinking like that anytime soon.:tank:

You got outdrank by your wife? Good women! Just kidding. I drank too much last night too. I had about 10 or so of my Wit homebrew and then a few Widmer Broken Halo's, love those. Then my buddy and I went out to have a few beers at a local bar. We had 5 Mac and Jacks African Amber's. Then just to be sure we were drunk we had a shot of tequilla. My buddy immedietely threw up. I felt like crap this morning though.

Brentk14 said:
You got outdrank by your wife? Good women! Just kidding. I drank too much last night too. I had about 10 or so of my Wit homebrew and then a few Widmer Broken Halo's, love those. Then my buddy and I went out to have a few beers at a local bar. We had 5 Mac and Jacks African Amber's. Then just to be sure we were drunk we had a shot of tequilla. My buddy immedietely threw up. I felt like crap this morning though.

Actually it was his wife. Neither him nor my wife drink. She did succomd to the brew when she got up this morning too but she definatly beat me.

Ugh, I felt like crap this morning too, and I wasn't even anything more than tipsy last night. I only had a little more than half a bottle of champagne and some homebrew. Though, I smoked a good bit of weed, too, and I have a sinus infection, so drinking and smoking probably wasn't all that smart.

Hey, when you're in college, it's a Friday night, you have cheap champagne, your friend has weed, and your other friend has a pirated copy of Tommy, what else are you going to do?

My head was thumping pretty hard this morning too, but I found a new favorite hangover treatment that works for me.....Gatorade! A half gallon of water and 20oz of Gatorade had me back to normal in an hour or two. I didn't think Gatorade actually worked, but it does. :rockin:

I find that drinking while sick is a bad idea. Drove the porcelain bus once or twice after trying it.

Brew Runner said:
My head was thumping pretty hard this morning too, but I found a new favorite hangover treatment that works for me.....Gatorade! A half gallon of water and 20oz of Gatorade had me back to normal in an hour or two. I didn't think Gatorade actually worked, but it does. :rockin:

I find that drinking while sick is a bad idea. Drove the porcelain bus once or twice after trying it.
gatorade is magical

I ran out of Homebrew friday night and the neighbors were choking down Magnum 40's and I felt I wasn't buzzed enough I guess because I slammed one of those nasty damn things And it hit me like a shovel I still feel like crap!

Not sure who said it first but "no wonder you feel sick when your stommache is full of puke..."

Getting insanely wasted (and hung over) is part of the culture where I live. Usually it's huge amounts of spiced vodka. I can cope pretty good with beer, but with traditionally spiced vodka it can get pretty ugly.

H

RICLARK said:
I ran out of Homebrew friday night and the neighbors were choking down Magnum 40's and I felt I wasn't buzzed enough I guess because I slammed one of those nasty damn things And it hit me like a shovel I still feel like crap!
Should have slammed Steel Reserve 40s instead. :cross:

Henrik said:
Not sure who said it first but "no wonder you feel sick when your stommache is full of puke..."

Getting insanely wasted (and hung over) is part of the culture where I live. Usually it's huge amounts of spiced vodka. I can cope pretty good with beer, but with traditionally spiced vodka it can get pretty ugly.
"Spiced vodka?" Whats that?! I'v heard of spiced rum, but now I'm curious. :tank:

Spiced vodka?" Whats that?! I'v heard of spiced rum, but now I'm curious.

He is from Sweden. I have had it before. It is warmed and delicious and deadly all at the same time, and best not consumed in large quantities IMO.

mrk305 said:
Spiced vodka?" Whats that?! I'v heard of spiced rum, but now I'm curious.

He is from Sweden. I have had it before. It is warmed and delicious and deadly all at the same time, and best not consumed in large quantities IMO.

Right! So.....what is it?!

mrk305 said:

I think you're refering to "glögg", a nordic variation on the german "glühwein" - basically warm 10-20% ABV wine that has been sweetened and flavoured with spices. Traditionally only consumed around christmas. There are lots and lots of variations but here's one example.
H

Latest posts

Back