Dr. Pepper Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmmoEric

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried using some soda syrup to get a hint of flavor in their beer? Was thinking about brewing a brown ale but adding a cup of Dr. Pepper syrup during the boil. Thoughts?

I would say double check the ingredients. May have some form of sorbate that will inhibit fermentation. Other than that i think a dr pepper brown ale sounds great.

I used to use the fruit extracts from morebeer to make fruit flavored wheat beers. I would does the bottles before filling so I could get two or three different kind of beer from one batch. If the syrup does not have sugar you add to the bottle as an experiment.

Knock yourself out...I'd drink it? lol ...as far preservatives, i think a cup in 5 gal's is going to be dilute, and a big pitch would take care of it...

(and Welcome to the forum!)

edit: as an after thought, if you keg. might have to replace your o-rings after pouring it....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back