Double check my order from kegconnection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesanch

Reaction score
I'm just quite interested in getting into kegging. To get started, I bought a cheap 5lb CO2 tank from Craigslist. I just need to convince a friend to sell me his Sanyo 4911 fridge. I want a 2 keg setup, but I'm going to stick to picnic taps for now.

So here's my order:
  1. 2 x Cornelius Keg (or Firestone), 5 Gallon, Ball Lock (Pepsi Style) for homebrew/Soda.......$29.95 each Total: $59.90
  2. 2 x Dis-connect set (2) Ball Lock 5/16 gas, 1/4 liquid barbed.......................................$13.89 each Total: $27.78
  3. 1 x Air Distributer - 2 Way, With Check Valves! (Check valves with 5/16" nipples)...........$21.95 each Total: $21.95
  4. 10 x Gas Hose, Clear, 1/4" ID , 1/2" OD , Sold by the foot..........................................$00.49 each Total: $4.90
  5. 10 x Beer Hose, Clear, 3/16" ID X 7/16, Sold by the foot. ...........................................$00.49 each Total: $4.90
  6. 2 x Draft Party Faucet, Sample Faucet, Plastic..........................................................$2.95 each Total $5.90

Sub Total: $132.45
Shipping: $17.38
Total: $149.83

Let me know if I missed anything.

on all of there kits, there is a check mark or option to not include the tank. It lowers the price. ... check it out.

They used to have an option to deselect components but no more I guess.

You should call them and ask. Their standard kits are $180 and their 5# tank is $65, so they should be able to get you a better deal. They are very good to talk to.

Consider going for the dual body regulator, it is only $10 more on their kits and you can then carbonate at one pressure and pour at another at the same time.

If you go with your setup I would get more beer hose, you need 7-8' per tap, so about 15' total. It is cheap and you will avaoid all the foam problems people keep writing about.

Good luck!
Hommel Homebrew

I just got a kit from them without the tank. I just emailed them, they sent me a quote, and then I called and placed the order. Took all of 5 minutes, everything came quickly, and I have two kegs of beer sitting in my fridge.

You should call them and ask. Their standard kits are $180 and their 5# tank is $65, so they should be able to get you a better deal. They are very good to talk to.

Hommel Homebrew

I sent them an email on Thursday, but haven't heard back....

Please consider using swivel nuts on your gas & liquid line terminations...

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Categories.bok?category=*Parts:Swivel+Nuts

Switch your disconnects from barbed to threaded...

I wish I had from the start. I am trying to get rid of my barbed disconnects and go to all threaded.

These make your kegging system components much more versatile.

You can use these little beauties to adapt your system to Sankey (or other) couplers...

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=63

You can switch easily between your ball lock fittings, and pin lock fittings, or make an adapter to go to an air tool quick connect for inflating tires, running a nail gun...you can use a double ended male flare adapter to blow the water out of your jockey box coil. You can take the disconnect off of your picnic faucet...and attach to a kegerator shank, or a jockey box, or make a beer filter, or a bottle filler.

In the long run...the swivel nut type of disconnect is much easier to adapt to your needs. And extra swivels nuts are much cheaper than getting complete barb disconnects for all your future needs.

Yup I agree, I thought I only wanted them on my liquid side, but the other day I accidentally put the gas quick disc on my liquid post and I dont know if I got liquid in the gas line. If it was swivel, I could just take it off. Now I gotta cut it off and look.

So. I finally got around to buying a fridge and just put in my order for the kegs from kegconnection.com.

I got the 2 keg basic kit minus the CO2 tank and regulator for $87 shipped to AZ. It should be including everything in my original post. That's $62 in savings!

I also heard that on black Friday they're going to have "racetrack" kegs for $17 and free shipping on orders over $100. I didn't feel like waiting another 3 weeks before ordering my kegging setup or else I would have. I figured that I'm getting such a good deal already and it wasn't worth the wait. But for those of you who can, sounds like it'll be a sweet deal.

Keg Connection is the bomb!

I ordered a dual keg set up from them last week. I placed the order on Thursday morning and it was at my door by 11 am on Friday. Granted, I live in Dallas, but still. So far I am very pleased with their service.

elmetal, that was for 2 kegs, 5ft per line. But I just went with whatever was included in the basic kit.

So, is the Keg Connection probably the best and least expensive place to get my kegging kit supplies?

So, is the Keg Connection probably the best and least expensive place to get my kegging kit supplies?

I am not sure on least expensive but from my searching they are price competitive. In addition they know their business and are trustworthy. That piece of mind is worth a few bucks.

Here's what I bought:

I started out with the Standard-Basic 2 keg, Dual body regulator Kit. From there I subtracted 2 kegs (which I have) and one liquid (beer line). I only plan on having one keg hooked up to serve at a time. I did however keep the second gas line to use for carbonating a second keg if I wanted to.

I also upgraded to the swivel, threaded connections for the liquid dissonnects (thanks Chuggs). The gas lines come with these already I was told.

I maybe shouldn't tell you this, but I was lucky enough to get a 10# CO2 tank upgrade for free. He said I was the last to get this. The promotion just went off, sorry. :(. Maybe not a real bad thing, he said many people do not prefer the larger tank, plus it's red. No big deal to me.

So in a little while I will offically be a KEGGER. :ban:

Hmmm I placed an order today for the 4 keg setup, and they still had the free upgrade promo on the homepage. Hope I get it....

what would be awesome would be instead of a 10 lb upgrade you got a 20 lb :D:D:D
:mug:

very true, but as I don't have my keezer yet, I don't think I would have room in my second fridge for that big of a tank. For that matter, I dunno if I will have enough room in my keezer for it either. But I guess that would be a good problem to have.

btw, that deal is no longer on the site, but it was there when I ordered it this morning.

Hmmm I placed an order today for the 4 keg setup, and they still had the free upgrade promo on the homepage. Hope I get it....

I'm sure you will, as long as it was still there. He just told me he was removing it and I would probably be the last one to get it.

Quality products, excellent selection, great prices, fast shipping, excellent knowledge and superior customer service hands down IMO!

Sorry, I don't know how to get two separate quotes on the same thread,

but I would have to agree. They were very easy to work with and I will do more business with them in the future.

Back