Doppelbock water profile!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtom

Reaction score
This is my first Doppelbock, or Bock for that matter and thought I would ask for opinions on my water profile. These are values in ppm,
Chloride 69
Sulfate 22
Sodium 21
Calcium 37
Magnesium 2

Anything obviously off?

Are you trying to figure out how to target a particular mash pH, or wondering if that profile is ok for flavor for a Doppelbock, or...?

Also, is this your tap water? If so, there's something missing, i.e. a Total Alkalinity number. OTOH, if these are numbers you want to hit by building from distilled water, the ions don't balance, i.e. it's not a possible complete profile.

Are you trying to figure out how to target a particular mash pH, or wondering if that profile is ok for flavor for a Doppelbock, or...?

Also, is this your tap water? If so, there's something missing, i.e. a Total Alkalinity number. OTOH, if these are numbers you want to hit by building from distilled water, the ions don't balance, i.e. it's not a possible complete profile.
Just a flavor profile.
I am building from RO water, what os not possible.

I am building from RO water, what os not possible.

There is no combination of salts you can add to get that profile. The cation and anion charges are not balanced. Are you using any water spreadsheet/software? If so, you should see see that you can't get that profile. And if you're not using any water spreadsheet/software, how do you plan to figure out what salts to add?

Back