Done already?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty25

Reaction score
Yesterday I transferred a SS minnow mild clone (from NB) off its yeast cake (whyeast 1968) so I could directly repitch a porter to the fermenter. This beer was only a week old and has hit 1.012. I tasted the hydrometer reading and it was perfect.

The yeast has dropped out completely and I believe is at terminal gravity, the beer really taste good and don't really taste green at all. I think I should have just keged it yesterday but i moved it to secondary instead. Has anyone drank their beer this quick?

On a completely different note why do I always forget about blow off tubes! In 4 hrs the yeast already blew the air lock and made a nasty mess in my fridge.

1-week for complete fermentation isn't surprising (especially with the amount of yeast involved when racking onto a cake). I've had beers finish fermenting in 2-3 days with dry yeast alone (i think my temp was a little on the warm side though!).

I really doubt most of the yeast has dropped out yet... i'd cold crash for a few days, keg, carb, and taste. If it tastes green then, let it age, no reason you can't age after kegging, right?

Latest posts

Back