Doing it! I think...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannye

Reaction score
I posted here a while ago about wanting to open up my brewpub etc etc.

Well... took a big step towards actually doing it... in a really strange way. I'm about to open up a couple of (secret food style until we open) franchises in the Dade County area...it's been about a year in the making. This was going on even as I was posting about my desire to chuck all the TV stuff (been in television for over 20 years...no glamour...behind the scenes) and open my own brewpub.

Well, the brewpub thing is a 7 figure proposition in Florida... so many hoops and special interests to jump though and for... so I am trying this other idea... and that's to sell my brew alongside the Corona and the Budwieser that's going to be sold in the stores... it's much cheaper to open up two or three (undisclosed franchises) believe it or not...than to open one brewpub (when you add up the fees, licensing and equipment expenses plus real estate...geez, the real estate!

SO.... it's not the brewpub, but it's something...

i'm confused. are you opening regular franchises, like a TGIFridays, and then serving your own beer as well as BMC?

Exactly... It's not a large operation like a TGI. But they have about 20 open nationwide at the moment, so it's small enough where I can still have some influence and frankly, so that if I'm able to do it, wouldn't get overwhelmed.

It's a baby step beer-wise, but a giant leap into the actual world of restaurants... a relatively cheap way of getting into it.

Well, that's done. It didn't work out. The pizza restaurant is doing well but I am selling my half to the partner.. good news... now I can work on establishing a nano-brew pub here in South FL somewhere.

Latest posts

Back