Does anyone else hate it when this happens?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilpcraven

Reaction score
2udz0nr.jpg

:smack:

Yeah, that blows.

I try to remember to out mine in line with the handle when it is being carried. Doesn't always work.

+1 homercidal :)

Once i dropped pellet hops through that little opening to dry hop instead of taking the lid off.

Its quite laughable.

it took a while.

Sorry, off topic!

I'm almost entirely convinced that even if you flip it, it still won't work...only because I'm pretty sure this has happened to me every single time, and the law of averages says it shouldn't. I suppose Murphy's law trumps that one though :mad:

LOL! Well, obviously, you guys need some FEMALE supervision/help while you brew because I've never made that mistake!

But have had my share of others....

Possibly - I know that generally in life I do need female supervision otherwise I end up subsisting on nothing but beer and cigarettes, staying up all night watching cartoons and wearing the same underpants for three days running. It's not pretty. :eek:

But I'm fairly sure that brewing skill can't be measured by the number of penises you have (and most beer lovers of either gender have boobs so that can't be it either) so I'm with levtbeas here:

I suppose Murphy's law trumps that one though

:mug:

Possibly - I know that generally in life I do need female supervision otherwise I end up subsisting on nothing but beer and cigarettes, staying up all night watching cartoons and wearing the same underpants for three days running. It's not pretty. :eek:

But I'm fairly sure that brewing skill can't be measured by the number of penises you have (and most beer lovers of either gender have boobs so that can't be it either) so I'm with levtbeas here:

:mug:

I don't think it has anything to do with brewing skill OR number of penii - I think it has more to do with the female skill of seeing things that aren't moving and realizing when it requires attention.

My personal observation is - men, hunters. Women, gatherers. Equates to - it if ain't movin' - men don't see it! :D

I don't think it has anything to do with brewing skill OR number of penii - I think it has more to do with the female skill of seeing things that aren't moving and realizing when it requires attention.

My personal observation is - men, hunters. Women, gatherers. Equates to - it if ain't movin' - men don't see it! :D

That could well be true. My SO tested me to see how long I would notice there wasn't a hand towel hanging in the bathroom. After six weeks she gave up, because clearly I was never going to notice. Often, clothes go days on the drying rack without being put away. It's not because I'm lazy, it's because in my lizard brain, unless I need them now or I can eat them or they're moving, THEY DON'T EXIST. I am not sure if it's just me or a gender difference.

My observation (having been married more than once and also having plenty of occasions to observe multiple males) - it's definitely a gender difference. That's a wide generalization, of course, but it does seem to have some merit.

I use this as a sign that I've had enough beer while brewing...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, that's not so bad, because at the point you grab the bucket by the handle all that is left of the brew day is to stick it in the fermentation chamber. Then you can have a celebratory post-brew beer :ban::mug::tank:

Back